bat request

Post your handy scripts here, or any requests for help in creating a script.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Always wrap code in
Code: Select all
 tags
so it doesn't wrap the lines, and for the one-click select all feature.

bat request

Postby xide » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:34 pm

I am horrible when it comes to writing batch files, but I have seem to have no issue reading them to see what happening so I can edit them. I need a couple to do a couple of things...

1. Copy a url to the desktop ...I realize d7 does this...but I would like to copy a few urls to the desktop. (many reasons)

2. Download a file (possibly extract a zip...not sure I will need this ability but would be nice to know if i can) the purpose of this is so my client can run it and download my latest remote support tool from my ftp.

Why not put it on their computer in the first place? Well because over the years I can't seem to be satisfied with 1 remote support so I change at random, so this bat will simply point to whatever I am using at the time on my ftp.
Why not just put a link on your website? I have many reasons for this. The main reasons are I only want them to download it when I instruct them (the bat file will be hidden in a uncommon/new directory) also I don't like my competitors to know what I use and I don't want them to accidentally delete/uninstall it when they call me for help 2 years later. Just like many have done with the dSupport I've installed.

Thanks for your help.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Return to Automation / Scripting / Batch Files