running one malware scan at a time

Post your handy scripts here, or any requests for help in creating a script.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Always wrap code in
Code: Select all
 tags
so it doesn't wrap the lines, and for the one-click select all feature.

running one malware scan at a time

Postby jessebarto » Fri May 17, 2013 1:10 pm

Hey everyone. i had a questions about running one malwae scan at a time? seems like malwarebytes and hitman pro work great where only one will run until its done then the next one will go. but when i throw combofix and sas or etc into the mix, then those want to run at the same time, which would be ok up until i have to reboot then itll skip them entirely. any ideas?
jessebarto

Re: running one malwae scan at a time

Postby Marshall » Fri May 17, 2013 2:27 pm

In general it's a widely accepted practice that you only run one malware removal tool at a time. Most Antivirus companies, and malware removal forums will suggest this.

I however don't always adhere to this, but I am selective as to what tools I will run doubled up at once.
Sometimes I'll run Malwarebytes, and SAS, or Malwarebytes and HitmanPro. Don't ever run Combofix with other running apps, it clearly tells you not to do so, and although I have never done this, to see that it can cause damage to a system, I trust that they know what they're talking about.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Re: running one malware scan at a time

Postby Xander » Fri May 17, 2013 2:45 pm

I have no problem running MBAM and HMP together; I consider them fairly passive. Combofix would be a solo scanner as I see it as being more aggressive than others.
Xander

Return to Automation / Scripting / Batch Files