Managed Services Opinions?

Hardware, Software, Managed Services, Remote Support, Industry News, your tech shop setups, whatever else.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Managed Services Opinions?

Postby davidtstanley » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:14 am

Can someone give me some good options for Free and or paid managed services software that will remotely monitor multiple sites. I also want easy to use and also want yall's opinion on the software and if you have used it before.

I know of spiceworks and it seems to work so far. So what do you all know..

thanks.
Dave
davidtstanley

Re: Managed Services Opinions?

Postby ajgyomber » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:18 pm

LabTech
Kaseya
GFI Max
N-Able
ajgyomber

Postby davidtstanley » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:23 pm

is their any free ones out there? maybe even for linux if needed so if needed i would build a linux box again.
davidtstanley

Postby Marshall » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi David

You get what you pay for. I cannot stress this enough. Using a "Free" solution may leave you with bad support or none at all. Community support is not the same thing as 24/7 access to a Premium Support Channel, or Account Manager.

If someone asked you to pay for a Managed Solution for your company and informed you that the backbone of their business is built off of a freebie open source product with no support...would you start thinking to yourself "Oh yea that sounds like a great idea, let's pay these guys $$$$ a month!"

Do you have clients right now that are interested in managed services? If so, have you proposed anything yet, and are they ready to sign?

If you have not even come up with your proposal, agreement, or what solutions you're an expert at managing...you have a long road ahead of you. If you do it solo, you'll lose lots of time. If you engage the right partner companies, you can cut down on that time tremendously and jump right to the heart of things. If you're not a competitor, I would be more than happy to send you information on how to quickly establish a good roadmap to establish a new managed services IT company. Just PM me.

If you've made a proposal, but they're not ready to sign:
1. Continue to market to them EVERY month, sit with them and discuss their needs so you and your client's vision of their business needs line up, and find solutions that you can provide to them
2. Start to demo RMM & PSA's in your free time, when you're NOT marketing your company
3. Sign them to an agreement once you find a KILLER Solution/Offering

If they're ready to sign:
1. Get 50% of the project work to get them up-to-speed upfront at the day you sign them
2. Buy your RMM and get it into production (this will take a few days, onboarding, and then a few weeks to get familiar with things)

I use Labtech in my company, and they gave me my first month for free. If your plan of action is timed properly, you can start your MSP with ZERO overhead, MRR already coming in from signed clients, and get the first month of your RMM for free.

Other idea's you should consider.
1. Have your clients pay for your overhead
2. Hire a pro to manage your RMM when you can. Every RMM tool I've used has a Admin you can hire to help you manage everything, and develop a good RMM roadmap for your company. I highly suggest you do this initially to save yourself time and money. When you're familiar with the tool later on, drop the service if you want, and bring all of the Admin work in-house.
3. Hire a Help Desk Service to manage your endpoint systems. You can get most of them for anywhere between $6-20/mo./endpoint. Factor it into your billing so that YOU'RE not handling Tier 1-2 issues anymore.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:14 am

there was a free solution out there at one point in time, forgive me I forget the name/site. But it sucked. resource hog, didn't work well...

Marshall is correct you get what you pay for!
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby osigoldman » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Nick, was that atera.com? They have free monitoring with optional paid services. They are an Israeli company. I am using them for a while now.
osigoldman

Return to General Stuff