PM's

Hardware, Software, Managed Services, Remote Support, Industry News, your tech shop setups, whatever else.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

PM's

Postby Huskylogic » Fri May 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Does anyone know how many times I need to post before I can compose and reply to PM's? I can get them but i can't do anything like say THANKS to the people who wrote me.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein
Huskylogic
Forum Moderator

Re: PM's

Postby xide » Fri May 08, 2015 2:45 pm

maybe 50? there should be an envelope icon under my name when you can (when you hover over my pic)
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Dustin D » Fri May 08, 2015 4:20 pm

I think it may be time based. I've only got 16 posts or so but I was just able to PM xide.
Dustin D

Postby Huskylogic » Fri May 08, 2015 5:17 pm

I feel left out now. I can get pm's but not send or reply.
Huskylogic
Forum Moderator

Postby xide » Fri May 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Maybe it's a conspiracy?
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Huskylogic » Sun May 10, 2015 5:13 pm

It just might be. I have been here 7 days and posted almost 50 times. I can receive PM's but not compose or reply to them. Let me just say a Thank You for the PM's I've received. Those of you who sent them know what I'm talking about.
Huskylogic
Forum Moderator

Postby Michael » Mon May 11, 2015 1:09 pm

Huskylogic: I have made a change to your membership. Please let me know if that resolve's your PM issue. If not, I can attempt more changes.
Michael
d7xTech Staff

Postby Huskylogic » Mon May 11, 2015 1:22 pm

Thanks Michael. I'm still not able. This is what I get.

We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.
Huskylogic
Forum Moderator

Postby Michael » Tue May 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Husky, I've made another change if you'd like to try again. As you might guess, I am learning our forum management system so please bear with me.
Michael
d7xTech Staff

Postby xide » Tue May 12, 2015 3:02 pm

Make him an Admin that should do it :lol:

phpBB is rather simplistic and basically idiot proof compared to others i've used, but I've been running forums for 15+ years so it may be just that i'm used to all the forum software out. i'm sure you'll get it eventually. To start confirm his permissions, check restrictions for new account, post count, birth of account. Check his group cat permissions as well, try resetting his account rank status. Those should help get you started, then go on from there. Also did Nick change any security settings when those one pricks were on the board, as well as the spammers recently? that may be worth looking into depending if he changed newly created accounts, since Husky is about 1 week old and we've had spammers for the past couple of weeks.

(don't really make him an admin...that was a joke)
xide

Return to General Stuff