Password managers

Hardware, Software, Managed Services, Remote Support, Industry News, your tech shop setups, new user introductions, and whatever else.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Password managers

Postby FredClaus » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:10 pm

Hey Nick,

a few shows back you and I and Brantley were talking about password managers. I mentioned I used Lastpass, and you all suggested something else. What that something else Keepass?
FredClaus
Forum Moderator

Re: Password managers

Postby Nick » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:12 pm

yep, that's the one
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby FredClaus » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:42 pm

Just started using it myself. After learning the ins and outs it's a great piece of kit. Now to look over all the plugins and see what they have available.
FredClaus
Forum Moderator

Postby FredClaus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:45 pm

Update: My wife and I loved the fact that LastPass will take you to the website and log you in automatically. That's why we used the service for so many years. I personally switched to KeyPass and have to say I love it. I've set up my system, and organized my passwords in a way that's best for me. I can't find things a lot faster and it works on my mobile phone too.

Thanks for recommending KeyPass guys. I have not used LastPass since I downloaded Keypass. It's just so much easier for me to use. At times It's even faster than letting lastpass log me in.

My wife has even stopped using Lastpass as well. She just asks me for the passwords that she needs.
FredClaus
Forum Moderator

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:32 pm

lol great!
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to General Chat