Tablets

Hardware, Software, Managed Services, Remote Support, Industry News, your tech shop setups, new user introductions, and whatever else.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Tablets

Postby FredClaus » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:07 am

My dog chewed up my tablet, so I guess it's time to go shopping again. What are your thoughts? Windows or Android? What is a good brand to look into?
FredClaus
Forum Moderator

Re: Tablets

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:27 am

we all have and like the Dell Venue 8" Windows based tablets, but you MUST get the one with 64GB storage (or better if the sell it now) unless you want issues updating to Windows 10. I wound up with (2) 32GB ones and I gave one to Brantley. he was able to get the last Windows 10 build on his, but on mine I couldn't get it to install. we both tried the same method, delete everything possible, disable windows features, and use a USB hub with an extra drive attached to run the install from and one for temp windows files. mine just kept failing but he got his to work. I have an earlier build of Win10 on mine but that will expire if it hasn't already, and basically brick my device, so I haven't even used it in a while. I would put Windows 8 back on it, but I wanted Win10's updated swipe like keyboard. Maybe they have them now that come with 10 anyway, worth looking.

My point for you though is that I have had a Windows tablet, an Android tablet, and a Kindle Fire (Android based) and the Windows tablet I've had the most use out of, because I can work on it... the Android tablet is a toy box, and the Kindle Fire is the same but with very few toys inside, plus Alexa but whooptie doo for that...
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby FredClaus » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:12 pm

I just googled it, they seem to be up to 11 now.
FredClaus
Forum Moderator

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:13 pm

I'll be honest I'm not sure if I'd want an 11" my Kindle Fire is the 10" and it's borderline... the 8" did me fine but the 11" might be good especially if you're going to RDP or something and a bigger resolution would help.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby FredClaus » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:36 pm

I was reading it wrong. I thought it was version 11, not 11". I see now, no I don't want an 11" tablet. I have had between 9.5 and 10.1 and they were ok for me, but I have a friend that has an 8" Samsung and I like that size.
FredClaus
Forum Moderator

Return to General Chat