Microsoft Support Problems, Need Advice!

Hardware, Software, Managed Services, Remote Support, Industry News, your tech shop setups, new user introductions, and whatever else.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Don't be a prick.

Microsoft Support Problems, Need Advice!

Postby csc » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Hey,

It's a long story, as all support issues are, but to summarize:

- I purchase a Microsoft Surface Pro 2 (Rev 2) in March.
- I contacted Microsoft in March, with reports of a defective unit (touchscreen & psu) and they promised a new Power Cover would fix these concerns.
- I have not received the Power Cover yet, (It's June)
- I specifically used the word "return" within the 30 day return period, but they told me to wait and see if the Power Cover fixes these concerns.
- I've been waiting longer than 30 days for the power cover, so they won't help any longer (out of return period)
- They cannot open a ticket for an exchange until the Power Cover ticket is completed (apparently)
- I have contacted them 4 times this week, with a promise to receive an email from their support team (which I have never received)
- They won't help, and I can't get a working computer! So much for they warranty....

All the support agents I speak with tell me the only thing they can do is add another note to my case. Then their CARE team will contact me. But they don't contact me! I call them almost every day, and I'm not sure what to do anymore. Does anyone have any advice? Or even better, does anyone have any connections at Microsoft? I thought a defective unit would be replaced?

Thanks,
Ray
csc

Re: Microsoft Support Problems, Need Advice!

Postby xide » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:46 am

I never saw this before until now (sorry for the late reply) however even though Microsoft is a corprate giant, you can still make them hear you. File a complaint with the BBB...trust me that will usually get your attention. I for example purchased a used car this year from a dealership which had no warranty on it (so i bought it as is). About 30 days after I bought it I had some things go wrong...needless to say even though that dealership wasn't accredited by BBB...I saw a $800 check to cover my repairs in my mail box about 45 days after my complaint. Plus it's free to file a complaint, so you have nothing to lose.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Re: Microsoft Support Problems, Need Advice!

Postby Xander » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Depends on the organization. I filed a complaint with the BBB about the absolute incompetence of Yellow Pages (Canada) and they wouldn't give two squirrel farts about it.
Xander

Return to General Chat