New MBAM 4 Install and Uninstall

Discuss Custom Apps used with d7x/dSupportSuite.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include d7x/dSupportSuite version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

New MBAM 4 Install and Uninstall

Postby Psychlone » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:37 pm

So I realize that we lose a little bit of automated install functionality in d7x with each MBAM update and to keep in line with their EULA, but is there any way to help streamline the install and uninstall of MBAM at all? It's become pretty clunky with the release of MBAM 4.
Every stop and every click that's required from within d7x is a loss in efficiency (yes, I still use FULL AUTO mode because much of what I normally do is automated). If there's no loophole we can use for the install process that now requires several steps, how about fixing the MBAM uninstaller that no longer works? At least it'll help a bit.

Thanks for thinking about this Nick.
Light in the absence of eyes illuminates nothing.
Psychlone

Re: New MBAM 4 Install and Uninstall

Postby Psychlone » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:49 pm

Sorry Nick, I brain-farted... I just remembered I could create my own custom app to uninstall MBAM. After looking at your config for it, they've changed the uninstaller's name to mbuns.exe, so, easy fix.
So disrgard the uninstaller - unless of course you want to fix it. I've made my own that works.

The install process has become pretty clunky with the latest release of MBAM 4. Anything we can do at all?
Psychlone

Postby Psychlone » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:58 pm

YAY - I jumped the gun! (and created a third post in my own post because I can't delete or edit my posts.

mbuns.exe does not open the uninstaller like I thought it would. Why would they create a file called MBUNS.exe that doesn't mean MB UNinStall ???
So yeah, don't know what to do here.

Apologies for the triple post! If I could edit or delete my own post, that would be cool...
Psychlone

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:45 pm

I haven't played with MBAM 4 thanks for bringing this up. I'll look into it and see what can be done about install and uninstall.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:55 pm

they've changed their installer unfortunately and I see both install and uninstall have extra steps.

I can tell you about the uninstall now, and I'll fix the default one, but FYI you got the uninstall exe right, but it requires a command line argument now it seems.

Code: Select all
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbuns.exe /Uninstall

EDIT: default custom app for mbam uninstall is fixed now
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to Custom Apps Discussion