Alternative to ccleaner in dss

Support for dSupportSuite White-Label Automated Maintenance app.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include dSupportSuite version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Alternative to ccleaner in dss

Postby Bribiecomputers » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:14 am

I'm thinking BleachBit from bleachbit.org would be a good clean alternative to ccleaner now ccleaner is becoming bloatware due to its aquisition by advast
Bribiecomputers

Re: Alternative to ccleaner in dss

Postby Nick » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:55 pm

that is unfortunate, but to be honest even though CCleaner has been bundled as a custom app with dSS and since the original d7 I have never actually recommended it's usage -- it's just many people almost demand it, to fulfill the need for a maintenance app. The thing is CCleaner did a bunch of unnecessary "cleaning" in the registry that in some admittedly rare cases could do damage to some extent, yet provided no benefit from doing this "cleaning" beyond the misguided peace of mind in thinking that some app is making Windows faster, or fix some imaginary problem, or make it better for the user in some way, when it isn't.

It isn't just CCleaner though. A lot can be said of similar apps. I concede this is just my opinion, but I believe it is informed enough.

All that being said, I'm not opposed to what other people want to do and use and believe and whatever else, so if you want me to come up with a custom app profile for something else like bleachbit then I'll see what I can do for you, just let me know.

Beyond that I'm not sure what kind of response you'll get on these forums, most activity here these days is bots signing up to pimp fake name brand shoes and stuff :( I even closed board registration for new members not long ago, just to stop the bots from signing up, and I'll add people on an individual basis if the need arises. I usually do try to keep an eye on the boards which is why I found your posts only a day after, but you can also email us or use the contact form on the website if you need to get ahold of anyone faster.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Support