Error opening connectio in dss Mgnt console

Support for dSupportSuite White-Label Automated Maintenance app.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include dSupportSuite version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Error opening connectio in dss Mgnt console

Postby synapse » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi everyone,
i'm not able to view my client subscription and to do something with dssMgnt because when i run the application i receive error code 12029
Nobody of you have some problem?
synapse

Re: Error opening connectio in dss Mgnt console

Postby Nick » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:20 am

server was down for some reason, haven't figured out why yet but it is back up.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby nikolaosp » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:00 am

Sorry to bring this thread up again after 6 months but for the last couple of days I am getting the same error when I open the dSS Management console. Server down again? When will it be up Nick?

Thanks in advance,
nikolaosp
nikolaosp

Postby nikolaosp » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:59 am

Is there anyone else having this problem? It's the third day that I cannot work with the dSS Management Console due to the 12029 error. Deactivated firewall and can update from your servers (checked for new version) and can also update d7II (if that helps), so I shouldn't have any connectivity issues with your server.

Some help please Nick?
Thanks in advance
nikolaosp

Postby laplandz » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:52 pm

this isn't a particularly helpful post, am simply answering your initial question, i am not getting this error, soz :(
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Postby bored369 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:12 pm

There is currently no issues with the server. I was able to test on my production system using both a legacy dCloud account and a self-hosted FTP setup, without errors. If you would like to work more on this issue, send an email to foolishtech ([@}) foolishit.com and we'll be able to work with your specific setup more in detail.
Right off hand the most I can recommend currently is to make sure you have rebooted your computer and internet/router as that error in windows relates to having an port open and available for the connection. Rebooting those items may free up ports or flush them out. Unless you have recently added firewall changes to your connection from your system and in that case I check more into those changes.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
d7xTech Staff

Postby bitznpcz » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:03 pm

Try the following in a command prompt window:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
ipconfig /release

Reboot the PC
bitznpcz

Postby nikolaosp » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:54 pm

Just figured it out. It was a problem with my ftp server. Sorry to bother you guys, but I have resolved the issue. Have a good weekend !

Στάλθηκε από το HTC One μου
nikolaosp

Postby bored369 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:31 pm

Glad you were able to figure it out! It's not a bother at all! I had done some work on trying to reproduce the issue after getting your ticket in our system but was unable to get a similar error and Nick wasn't able to think of any reason why it would be coming up either.

Do you mind adding some more details on what the issue was with the FTP server so if anyone else encounters same problem they'll know why or what to do?
Mainly did you just have to restart the FTP service or did you have to restart the OS the FTP server was running on?
If you have any other details on what the problem was on the FTP server or any additional details on the steps you took to get to your resolution, it may be helpful as well. Thanks!
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
d7xTech Staff

Postby nikolaosp » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:55 am

bored369 wrote:Glad you were able to figure it out! It's not a bother at all! I had done some work on trying to reproduce the issue after getting your ticket in our system but was unable to get a similar error and Nick wasn't able to think of any reason why it would be coming up either.

Do you mind adding some more details on what the issue was with the FTP server so if anyone else encounters same problem they'll know why or what to do?
Mainly did you just have to restart the FTP service or did you have to restart the OS the FTP server was running on?
If you have any other details on what the problem was on the FTP server or any additional details on the steps you took to get to your resolution, it may be helpful as well. Thanks!

OK it is quite stupid but it's good to tell you what happened just for future reference.

We have out FTP server that we are using for dSS behind our router using NAT Loopback. Due to this configuration, the fail2ban on our debian server that hosts the FTP service banned our IP since the fail2ban doesn't work well with NAT loopback. Basically it banned our external IP because it thought we were attacking our own server. So, if using dSS and NAT loopback make sure to whitelist your external static IP.

Cheers,
nikolaosp
nikolaosp

Next

Return to dSupportSuite Support