SSL Certificate Issue

Support for dSupportSuite White-Label Automated Maintenance app.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include dSupportSuite version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

SSL Certificate Issue

Postby barnetpcservices » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Hi

I have SSL installed in my website http://www.barnetpcservices.com. When I use the dSS internal browser, its giving me SSL error and Script error.

The website is working fine with all other browsers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

dss-script-error1.PNG
dss-script-error1.PNG (7.71 KiB) Viewed 2729 times

dss-ssl-error1.PNG
dss-ssl-error1.PNG (12.87 KiB) Viewed 2729 times

dss-ssl-error.PNG
dss-ssl-error.PNG (82.89 KiB) Viewed 2729 times
barnetpcservices

Re: SSL Certificate Issue

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:41 pm

the internal browser is essentially based on a single Internet Explorer .dll file. It is not designed to function with any scripting or plugins whatsoever, which is why it often works when IE or other browsers fail, and on Windows XP when Windows Updates were done through the browser, it worked perfectly when IE had issues. So without all the bloat it will throw errors at all kinds of stuff depending on the web tech used on that site. That is definitely the cause of the script error. the ssl issue may be that the browser doesn't identify your site name or name on the cert properly (if indeed the SSL cert error is correctly identifying an issue with your cert/domain.)

I do have some new ideas I can use to make a more comprehensive internal browser, but it would remove a lot of the benefit of the thing -- at least for d7II -- with dSupportSuite perhaps I can implement something else though, since it will be an installed product and won't require such a level of operability in bad situations...

in the meantime I would recommend disabling the use of that in favor of the default browser for dSS.... I have dSS work in my sights coming up this month maybe I can incorporate this easily then...
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Re: SSL Certificate Issue

Postby barnetpcservices » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:32 am

Thanks Nick

Looking forward to the changes
barnetpcservices

Return to dSupportSuite Support