Deleted the ClientID but heartbeats keep on coming

Support for dSupportSuite White-Label Automated Maintenance app.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include dSupportSuite version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Deleted the ClientID but heartbeats keep on coming

Postby nikolaosp » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:44 am

Hey Nick,

I have just noticed a strange issue. Last month I decided I would delete all my clientIDs and templates and start over again. So I did, I selected the client and removed the ID (right click on the ID and select Remove). After a couple of days, the Uninstall emails started coming so I thought that everything was as it should. But, last and also this week I received heartbeat emails from two of my old clientIDs that I thought were uninstalled. There was no uninstall emails from these two but from the one, I received also maintenance emails. I would like to note that I have not left the installer on their machines nor have them on my clientID list since I deleted them. Checked on the dSS folder to see if the subscriptions file had their clientIDs in it, but it seems correct with just current ones.

Anyone else got this problem?
Any solution apart from remote to their machine and uninstalling it manually?

Thanks is advance,
nikolaosp
nikolaosp

Re: Deleted the ClientID but heartbeats keep on coming

Postby csc » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:00 pm

Hey nikolaosp,

I've experienced this problem as well. This is usually caused by a policy within the system or by some type of antivirus or firewall software that is preventing dSupportSuite from updating itself. Avast is HORRIBLE with this.

Thanks,
Ray
csc

Postby nikolaosp » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:18 pm

I have talked to the one customer and remotely uninstalled the program. He had no antivirus though. He had uninstalled the trial of Kaspersky Internet Security I had installed on his machine when I cleaned it up.
The other is still sending me heartbeats...
nikolaosp

Postby bored369 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:49 pm

It may not be able to contact the server for updates, that would be the most likely cause I can think out. But you would need to contact the customer and remove it manually to disable it at this point I believe.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
d7xTech Staff

Postby laplandz » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:16 pm

i've had this problem too, for me it was the scheduled task hadn't been deleted. not sure how to delete them without client interaction.
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Return to dSupportSuite Support