Auto Maintenance Schedule Bug

Support for dSupportSuite White-Label Automated Maintenance app.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include dSupportSuite version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Auto Maintenance Schedule Bug

Postby nikolaosp » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:41 pm

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the scheduled maintenance day and time setting on my clients' PCs.
I have my templates on my console that have as a default the automatic maintenance to take place every Friday at 19:00.
When I assign a template to a clientID this setting is being passed and the scheduled task is being created.
If I assign a different schedule using the configlite interface, the scheduled task changes to the new setting until the next heartbeat or the next time the client will run dSupportSuite on their PC.
After that it will change once again to the one set on the template.
If I change it from the clientID configuration, in order to set a schedule for a specific clientID and not the whole template, it will just ignore it.
I am attaching a screenshot of the template schedule settings and one of the client schedule settings. Could you please check and tell me what is wrong? How to allow a client have their own schedule and not follow the default (the one set on the template) one?

Please help because I am getting some serious nagging by some clients...

Thanks in advance,
nikolaosp
Attachments
client.png
ClientID schedule screenshot
client.png (170.56 KiB) Viewed 2502 times
template.png
Template schedule screenshot
template.png (172.22 KiB) Viewed 2502 times
nikolaosp

Re: Auto Maintenance Schedule Bug

Postby laplandz » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:28 pm

not sure if i'm reading it right, been a long day... it sounds like after you have altered the ClientID, your not uploading that config and the reason it changes back to the template version after changing locally, is the template version of the ClientID is the uploaded one.

on one of the options when copying is to upload or do nothing, what hsppens if you right click the ClientID and upload config/rules?
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Postby nikolaosp » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:29 am

Hey laplandz,

thanks for the reply mate. It was exactly what you suggested. I had to right click on the clientID and select upload config only and then of course either wait for the heartbeat or open dSS client and let it overwrite its settings. My mistake was that I thought that the configlite schedule configuration would be the one to be followed over the template schedule. This could be a suggestion for Nick for the next dSS version actually...

Anyway, thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

nikolaosp
nikolaosp

Postby Nick » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:44 pm

Noted!

Sent via mobile; plz excuse errors!
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Support