Config ID and config don't upload

Support for dSupportSuite White-Label Automated Maintenance app.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include dSupportSuite version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Config ID and config don't upload

Postby synapse » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:15 pm

- I've made a new fresh install of dss 3.0.15 in a client's pc and i have found from config lite a new function: config id. What is it?
- In the pc is installed mse (winxp sp3 updated) but when i lunch dss tell me that there isn't antivirus installed!
- I've reconfigured dss in the client pc with d7 (heartbeat at 16.00) save configuration but when i recheck i find heartbeat at 10,00. Same situation if i reconfigure from dsMC. It's a bug?
synapse

Re: Config ID and config don't upload

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:10 pm

1. ignore Config ID for now. in fact my mistake that shouldn't have been visible.

2. d7 will tell you same - in fact so will Windows. this is a problem with the WBEM repository on that PC - d7's repair WMI/WBEM/DCOM feature + a reboot may fix it, or you may need to reinstall MSSE. It isn't a major issue to just leave it as-is. See the * SPECIAL NOTE – Anti-Virus Software Detection section at the bottom of the page here for more info: http://www.foolishit.com/d7/online-manual/usage/info-tab/

3. This was a bug in dSSMC version 1.4.4 - were you using that version at that particular time you ran into the issue?
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby synapse » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:06 am

Nick wrote:
3. This was a bug in dSSMC version 1.4.4 - were you using that version at that particular time you ran into the issue?

I'm running version 1.4.11. The problem is that dssMC many times don't upload nothing (i've made some test making some configuration change, saving and then uploading). When i don't see the green progress bar dssMC don't upload nothing also if the message says that upload is done (i see it from dcloud explorer)

I think you are right when you say that the problem is a momentary drop in bandwidth and this perhaps explains the error reported in the previous post, although to be fair it only happens with dcloud. Is there anything I can do to not be forced to always check with dcloud explorer if everything went well? The messages that appear to indicate that the upload has taken place and are misleading
synapse

Postby Nick » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:29 am

The method I use to determine whether the upload succeeded is that the FTP code returns a boolean value based on success or failure. It isn't always accurate and I think this is just a limitation of the implementation of FTP that I am using (which is basically using a Windows component to do the heavy lifting.)

What I can do is ... (and I thought I already did that, but perhaps it was only with the subscription data) ... is after the upload compare file sizes between the local and remote copies of the ZIP file, and if they don't match return failure. This would hopefully work in most cases because even zipping the exact same data, or especially in changing one little value in a text file in that data being zipped, will usually result in an EVER-SO-SLIGHT difference in file size, in bytes. The comparison should be enough to say with 95% certainty that the upload worked or not, my guess.

I'll get to work on that. As to what the failure is in your case, I'm uncertain. As I said there was a bug in 1.4.4 that caused the upload completed message to be displayed when there was no upload attempt at all. In my testing and experience so far that was resolved since, so that bug is squashed. If there is another one perhaps we will find it soon.

I need to PM you something else...
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Support