Event Log Rule Emails and Computer Name

Support for dSupportSuite White-Label Automated Maintenance app.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include dSupportSuite version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Event Log Rule Emails and Computer Name

Postby remyservices » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:13 pm

I've started using the real time rules and having them email to me and found they don't show the computer name. This becomes a huge issue if you use a single client ID for more than one computer. When using the email button or including the events with heartbeat emails you can tell who and which computer has initiated the email but if it is real-time all you get is the Client ID and event.

Could we get computer name added to these reports in some way? Possibly just s line above the error "Computer: "?

Thanks for all you do!
remyservices

Re: Event Log Rule Emails and Computer Name

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:59 pm

should already be there. what is the dSupportSuite version, and what is your service code version in the emails you are receiving? At the bottom it should read something like:

This message sent by [your app name] (Service Code vX.X.X)
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby remyservices » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:23 am

Well that is interesting, I have two emails from what I believe to be the same PC. One has the name and the other doesn't.

The email that does have the name shows [app name] v3.8.6
The email that is missing the name shows [app name] v3.8.6 (Service Code v1.0.18)

It looks like emails sent via app custom error levels don't show the service code and do have the computer name under a -----Client Details----- section but the event id emails are missing this client details section.

Am I missing something here?
remyservices

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:04 pm

the emails that give a service code version are sent by the dSS service, those that don't are sent by the main app, so it doesn't need to state the service code version.

So you are saying that the email that states a service code version does NOT have client details heading with info under it?!? The only way this should NOT be visible in the email is if the email is addressed to the CLIENT, not the ADMIN email address. Otherwise it should be visible in the email body. This behavior is intentional because the CLIENT email received doesn't need to know his own computername and IP address...

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:07 pm

ahh, I think I just discovered the issue -- this can happen if you are using dCloud SMTP instead of your own. Is this correct??? If so I can have it fixed in the next release.

EDIT: released. should be v3.9 and service code 1.0.19

Nick
Site Admin

Postby remyservices » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 pm

That is correct and I am starting to see emails with service code 1.0.19 which have the client detail embedded.
Thanks so much, now I can track down the issue without looking at each machine.
As always, great work!
remyservices

Postby Nick » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:59 am

awesome

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Support