Auto run audit

Feature suggestions for d7x
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. Start a new topic for a unique suggestion.
3. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Auto run audit

Postby xide » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:58 am

does anyone know of a way to auto run the audit tab? (some people here keep forgetting to do it) I just want it to auto-run at session start, but can't think of a way to do so.

btw before anyone suggests, I also tried setting the audit page as the default page, however usually they are too eager to get things done fast they skip over it and right to the tab they need.

My only idea was to make a msg box script, but something automated would be better imo.

Thanks in advance!
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Re: Auto run audit

Postby Xander » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:22 pm

+1
I get the odd machine where I run D7II strictly to get the audit done so the info will show up in PCRT.
Xander

Postby davidtstanley » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:36 pm

i will +1 that also but for the original d7 also
davidtstanley

Postby Nick » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:51 pm

the original d7 cannot support this david as it doesn't use the session concept.

I can add this to d7II.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Xander » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:32 pm

Nick, perhaps a command line option for it?

D7II.exe /auditonly that starts up, (skips updating and any batch files), runs the audit section, uploads, and closes?
Xander

Postby xide » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:40 pm

Xander wrote:Nick, perhaps a command line option for it?

D7II.exe /auditonly that starts up, (skips updating and any batch files), runs the audit section, uploads, and closes?

The command line option, sounds good if you just need the info for PCRT. However I would want a option to run it at the start of every session and then continue working in d7ii without it closing also. Thats what you meant right? with both options.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby laplandz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:02 pm

+1 to both ideas, to add a third, would it also be possible for the screen shot of the system info page to be auto-taken then be placed in the info report?

Sent from Tapatalk
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Postby xide » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:36 am

laplandz wrote:+1 to both ideas, to add a third, would it also be possible for the screen shot of the system info page to be auto-taken then be placed in the info report?

Sent from Tapatalk

Isn't all that information already in the info report? However if I understand correctly this nirsoft app may work for what you need. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.zip
You could add it to your audit custom apps menu. I Hope that helps for now.
xide

Postby empcrepair » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:18 am

+1 For adding audit upon d7II start!
empcrepair

Postby Xander » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:16 pm

xide wrote:
Xander wrote:Nick, perhaps a command line option for it?

The command line option, sounds good if you just need the info for PCRT. However I would want a option to run it at the start of every session and then continue working in d7ii without it closing also. Thats what you meant right? with both options.

Correct. I wasn't suggesting an either/or but wanted to be able to put a shortcut on my flash drive or NAS that would let it /just/ create an audit.
Xander

Next

Return to d7x Feature Suggestions