report(ing) considerations

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.
d7II is no longer supported. Please update to d7x! (This is included in your d7II subscription!)

report(ing) considerations

Postby laplandz » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:09 pm

i personally don't understand the usage of the custom report or "build a custom report" area, more so in collaboration with the actual work report.
what i'd like to have is the ability to edit the work report in the same way as the custom one.
As it stands, i am currently right-clicking on the text area of work report in the info/malware log tab, and choosing "view source" which opens html file in notepad, i then make the alterations i want/need. letting us edit the work report would save me from:
A: forgetting to write custom stuffs to the work report, and
B: i could make usage of the snippets and extra functionality that the custom report gets.

I was thinking along the lines of a drop down box in the current "build a custom report" tab which would allow us to select which report to edit. The tab itself could be renamed to "edit your reports" for example.

Its also worth noting that the work report mirrors the "session activity" tab which doesn't feel particularly intuitive. It feels like the work report has become a static "session activity" and the custom report is the new work report. I actually don't mind this approach, but may be the option to name the reports ourselves wouldn't go amiss?

the last suggestion and possibly a cherry-on-top, would be to have report editing in the pop-out tech notes window.

Any chuckles, knuckles or thoughts appreciated.

Lee
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Re: report(ing) considerations

Postby bored369 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:25 pm

The custom work report accepts HTML code and allows for templates so you can create your own styled work report easily. If you predefine one, you can use the Session Activity tab to add everything (or only what you want) to the Custom Work report in your customized layout or look.

Nick was having some thoughts about reports recently and was possibly going to take away custom work report and just make the work report editable, but he's still fleshing out some ideas for it and where he wants to take it.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
d7xTech Staff

Postby Xander » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:20 pm

What about allowing for the option of a "header.html" doc that could be the equivalent of letterhead? HTML-wise, it could include everything down to <body> and could be merged with the regular report at end of session.
Xander

Postby laplandz » Wed May 06, 2015 3:49 pm

Think i'm *bump*ing this (believe thats what the youth call it)

Basically was wondering if this is still up for consideration as Nick seems M.I.A. (A.W.O.L. probably abit harsh)

cheers
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Postby bored369 » Mon May 11, 2015 1:52 am

Still up for it, but Nick is trying to keep up with all the programming to keep all of these programs going forward with the greatness that everyone has come to expect. He's having to share time between d7II, CryptoPrevent and dSupportSuite and make them all the best they can be. With the additional help at Foolish IT we're hoping to assist where he can focus on d7II a lot more (since that currently has the most ideas and new ones keep coming up all the time), but we do appreciate everyone's patience as get to that point as quickly as we can.
We've added the public drawing board to try to show new ideas as we confirm them and start to work on getting them implemented here: http://1drv.ms/1GP1lyr
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
d7xTech Staff

Return to d7II Feature Suggestions