D7II Custom App suggestions

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.

Re: D7II Custom App suggestions

Postby osigoldman » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:02 am

good idea Nick, I was just looking today for a way to remove services, and looked for a way to see if I could switch off a certain one. Found the strtup List on bleepingcomputer.com but would love that some kinda automated.
osigoldman

Postby Xander » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Nick, "Reset Default Services" wouldn't be a bad thing for the Windows Repair section.
Xander

Postby Psychlone » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Xander wrote:Nick, "Reset Default Services" wouldn't be a bad thing for the Windows Repair section.

Hi Xander. That's already included in Tweaking.com Windows Repair AIO - however, I think we'd (a few of us) would rather see the default registry as a single reg file without all the Tweaking.com GUI, and if it's something that everyone else wants, it would be cool to have an easy link within D7II for them.
I'd also really like to see BV's "Safe" services as an option too.

In any case, here's a link to ALL of them (literally, as a whole - sorry, no Win8/8.1) from BV's site. I already have "Default" and "Safe" for every version of Windows saved to my "Scripts" folder.
VERY useful! This is one that is a must for my use.
http://www.blackviper.com/2010/12/16/wi ... y-files-2/

** EDIT: I just re-found a utility that I've used a few times (rarely) from ESET. It's called ServicesRepair and finds missing or incorrect service entries and replaces them.
Something you might want to check out Xander - it just might be what you're looking for...
https://bitbucket.org/maciakl/lukes-set ... epair-tool
Light in the absence of eyes illuminates nothing.
Psychlone

Previous

Return to d7 Usage and Tips