TRON script

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.

TRON script

Postby vmhs » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:12 pm

New all in script that I found, and am integrating into my toolbox.

The Announcement: http://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/29u4c3/in_honor_the_4th_of_july_i_present_tron_who/

Latest update: http://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/2a2ay9/tron_v12_adds_auto_ssd_detect/

BT Sync Key BYQYYECDOJPXYA2ZNUDWDN34O2GJHBM47 - if you use this, make sure DHT is on with the share

I have this integrated into my d711 - it self updates and duplicates a lot of things, however it is fully automated - you boot to safe mode, and run it.

runs for 1-5 hours and reboots.

Just thought I would share.
vmhs

Re: TRON script

Postby xide » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:33 pm

GREAT FIND! Thanks! :D
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Xander » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:02 pm

Very interesting. Too bad it's not at all suited for remote work (especially with starting with rkill) and being a sizeable download to include older scanners. Shame it can't download them dynamically or be directed to a local source (NAS/D7II/3PT)
Xander

Postby vmhs » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:45 pm

agreed. i use it in my workbench only. would never use it remotely
vmhs

Postby vocatus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:52 am

Hi everyone,

I'm the author and principle maintainer of the Tron script. Since v1.2.0 which you linked (we're now on v6.1.2 after 9 months of heavy development), Tron's been added to Github under the open-source MIT license, gained its own subreddit, and undergone significant upgrades.

You can also now run it remotely (TeamViewer, etc) and it has an update checker to let you know if a new release has been posted.

If you use it and get bugs or glitches, or you have ideas to make it better from your experience doing PC cleanup, please post them over on the /r/TronScript sub so everyone can see and chime in. The goal is to make Tron automate ~85% of the tasks you'd normally have to do to clean up a system, and at least half the functionality has been built by people contributing complaints and ideas.

Thanks!

- Vocatus
vocatus

Postby SE5FBO8ArZ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:40 pm

vocatus wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm the author and principle maintainer of the Tron script. Since v1.2.0 which you linked (we're now on v6.1.2 after 9 months of heavy development), Tron's been added to Github under the open-source MIT license, gained its own subreddit, and undergone significant upgrades.

You can also now run it remotely (TeamViewer, etc) and it has an update checker to let you know if a new release has been posted.

If you use it and get bugs or glitches, or you have ideas to make it better from your experience doing PC cleanup, please post them over on the /r/TronScript sub so everyone can see and chime in. The goal is to make Tron automate ~85% of the tasks you'd normally have to do to clean up a system, and at least half the functionality has been built by people contributing complaints and ideas.

Thanks!

- Vocatus

<<<>>>

Hi Vocatus,

Have been wanting to send you folks a huge "Kudos!" for TRON, but have been sidetracked to a stunning degree. Please know that I appreciate very much the effort you and many other have put into TRON. I'm still really new to it, but I hope to be getting increasingly familiar with it and regularly using it. By the way, is there a way to monetarily show my appreciation for this terrific tool? (I don't write code so money is the next best thing I can do.)

Thank you.
SE5FBO8ArZ

Postby vocatus » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Hi SE5FBO8ArZ,

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. And I'm glad it's been helpful.

I set up a Bitcoin donation address ( 1LSJ9qDzuHyRx6FfbUmHVSii4sLU3sx2TF ), but other than that I don't really have anything else set up. I should probably get around to it :P

Cheers
vocatus

Postby SE5FBO8ArZ » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:21 pm

vocatus wrote:Hi SE5FBO8ArZ,

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. And I'm glad it's been helpful.

I set up a Bitcoin donation address ( 1LSJ9qDzuHyRx6FfbUmHVSii4sLU3sx2TF ), but other than that I don't really have anything else set up. I should probably get around to it :P

Cheers

<<<>>>

Bitcoin, eh? Hmmmm...I've been meaning to get to that...lol. Early on I was enamored with it but I never got the hang of it. Maybe now it's to a point I can better-understand it? (Yeah; I'm old, and new things don't come as easily to me as they used to.)

Let me put that on one of the front burners. I'll make a note to myself to get a donation to you at some point. (Sorry I can't be more specific....)

Thanks again, and, carpe diem!
SE5FBO8ArZ

Postby Xander » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:23 am

Welcome aboard, Vocatus. I've been following the sub for a couple of months now -- Tron is fantastic. 'Bout the only thing it needs is a compressed remote option where the executables are downloaded (e.g. wget,7zip) as needed to reduce the filesize of the initial transfer. My bitsync'd TRON folder is 1.17 GB right now ... since I do residential support, that's prohibitive to be sending to anyone that can't just find it on the same network.
Xander

Postby vocatus » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:16 am

Xander wrote:Welcome aboard, Vocatus. I've been following the sub for a couple of months now -- Tron is fantastic. 'Bout the only thing it needs is a compressed remote option where the executables are downloaded (e.g. wget,7zip) as needed to reduce the filesize of the initial transfer. My bitsync'd TRON folder is 1.17 GB right now ... since I do residential support, that's prohibitive to be sending to anyone that can't just find it on the same network.

Hi Xander, thanks for the feedback!

My general intent for Tron was for a technician to carry around on a thumb drive, not necessarily to send to end-users to run themselves. If you do want to send it to someone though, you can just have them download the self-extracting .exe from one of the mirrors in this list.

Also, your BT Sync folder is much larger than it should be. Maybe check the archive folder? Looking at the Sync server on my end, the Tron folder is only 611 MB total, and that's uncompressed.
vocatus

Return to d7 Usage and Tips