Download links for d7

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.

Download links for d7

Postby xide » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:36 am

Lately I have been using the "download link" section for my custom apps, which I previously ignored (i was lazy).
So I have been adding several new apps and filling out the info like I should (I plan to share them on dCloud shortly)

However I noticed when I right click, and copy the download link on the page, sometimes its a url to a page and not the actual file. I then realized if I right click the file in my FireFox downloads page, I can click "Copy download link" and it gives me a link directly to the file, so I can add it to my app download settings.

I have only tried this on a couple so far, but i've had no issues yet. Keep in mind they need to be a generic name like Antivirus.zip and not something like AntivirusVer.123.zip because those types will have a version number that is always changing as it gets updates, so obviously your link will be downloading an outdated version as the app progresses.

Hope this helps anyone adding new apps (and not being lazy about it like I was before) :D

Cheers!
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Re: Download links for d7

Postby xide » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:00 am

Just uploaded a few so far, I will be uploading more through the weekend. Enjoy!
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Re: Download links for d7

Postby csc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:31 pm

Great tip!
csc

Return to d7 Usage and Tips