Drive Selection

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.

Drive Selection

Postby SE5FBO8ArZ » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Does anyone know where, or even if, I might find an option to select which drive(s) D7II (v3.5.58) selected apps scan (specifically in my particular case, Malware scans)? I'd like this for at least two reasons: 1) so the apps don't run on more drives than necessary (I have multiple USB-connected drives as well as four (three physical) drives/partitions internally), which, in my particular case on only the four internal drives is going to run just over four hours, and, 2) I'd like to have an idea how much time I might expect a scan job to take on a typical users setup (one drive, albeit probably a 500G-plus drive).

Thanks.
SE5FBO8ArZ

Re: Drive Selection

Postby bored369 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:13 pm

You can use the Offline operations to scan an offline windows drive, otherwise most of the malware scans are set to either quick scan or deep scan the system drive only normally for the automated ones and the manual ones you should be able to select the options before scanning. If they have a command line option to target a specific drive you can also customize the app's configuration to include the parameters under the execution tab.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
d7xTech Staff

Return to d7 Usage and Tips