Unzipping and Updating "3rd Party Tools"

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.

Unzipping and Updating "3rd Party Tools"

Postby SE5FBO8ArZ » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:59 pm

I'm getting the sense that all of the "3rd Party Tools" in .zip files are unpackaged at first use. Is this correct? Also, even if that is the case, is it good or bad, or neither, to unpackage them beforehand? And if so, where should the unpackaged items be located? Finally, does manually unpackaging the items affect the update process? If so, how?

Thanks.
SE5FBO8ArZ

Re: Unzipping and Updating "3rd Party Tools"

Postby Michael » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:48 pm

Apologies, but I am unsure what you mean by "unpackaged". d7II used to rely on Ketarin to maintain its 3rd party tools but now it manages them all internally. As a result, you should never have to worrying about unzipping or otherwise extracting the files within the 3rd part tools folder. d7II always checks to make sure you have the latest version of all your tools and we update the apps profiles as necessary. d7II truly takes the worry out of maintaining your tech toolbox!
Michael
d7xTech Staff

Postby bored369 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:12 pm

The same applies to d7 original as well. WHen Files are download as zips, they are automatically unzipped into a folder with the same name of the zip so program.zip would be extracted to a folder named program. If you use ketarin to update it is normally configured to do the same as well as d7 will check for the zip and extract it if needed.
Chief Operating Officer, dSupportOnline official support of Foolish IT
& long time tech friend of Nick & avid Foolish IT product user since before Foolish IT was even created!

bored369
d7xTech Staff

Postby SE5FBO8ArZ » Sat May 30, 2015 6:45 pm

Thank you both for the information. I tend to believe I was over-thinking this process, simply because that's what I'm used to. d7ii continues to be a useful, feature-rich tool and so I'm glad I have it. Now if I could only get customers...lol.
SE5FBO8ArZ

Return to d7 Usage and Tips