What do YOU use with D7II for remote tuneups

These forums are retired and read-only.
Forum rules
These forums are retired and read-only.

What do YOU use with D7II for remote tuneups

Postby HeyItsDoug » Tue May 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Good afternoon,

Just acquired D7II to assist our company's addition of monthly maintenance to small business as well as our normal consulting services. We already have several requests for remote maintenance/tune-up services. To help us expedite a bit I was hoping some of you might respond with what functions/apps you run from within D7II and any tricks/tips you might employ when doing remote sessions with D7II.

Thanks!!

Doug
HeyItsDoug

Re: What do YOU use with D7II for remote tuneups

Postby xide » Tue May 12, 2015 3:20 pm

I use screenconnect, of course I also use the mini version to transfer over, and I have created my own profile that suits the needs of most remote scenario. The profile you should really play with and find what best works for you, and your situation. Usually it comes down to whats wrong with it, 90% of mine are virus related so I have a profile mainly for that purpose the other 10% I just run through manually depending on the situation.

Tips/tricks: I use a lot of silent/auto apps. Disable their keyboard/mouse....run my auto mode which runs through my full auto apps first, and I will usually finish with malwarebytes....and some others if needed. Then finished ;)

Others on here use Team Viewer, which is nice...but I prefer screenconnect.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby Dustin D » Tue May 12, 2015 6:12 pm

You ever feel your ears burning like someone is talking about you? :shock:
Dustin D

Postby xide » Tue May 12, 2015 10:44 pm

Yeah now I know Van Gogh wasn't really crazy at all......he just found the solution.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby HeyItsDoug » Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 am

@Xide,

I appreciate your reply. We're giving SimpleHelp a trial run right now for remote connectivity. Using Amazon AWS for hosting. Not the most efficient solution IMO, but branding and management are pretty robust. Going to configure Screen Connect today and see how that compares. Your comments confirm I am on the right track with D7II config, thanks again!

Doug
HeyItsDoug

Postby HeyItsDoug » Fri May 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Thanks Xander for the reply,

We are not in an Enterprise environment (not an MSP at this point) so MaxFocus, from what I could ascertain, doesn't appear to be a viable option. Would certainly love having a Dashboard type environment where all of our client related tasks (remote sessions, work order ticket tracking, emails, asset tracking etc.) could all be managed through an integrated environment. I just had a new client today request NT Server hardware/software upgrade, RAID upgrade, workstation configurations etc. Would be great if I could come back to the office and enter all details about the client and environment into one system. Exactly what an RMM does I guess but without the monitoring aspect. Just haven't found the right fit in that area yet.

Anyway, thanks!
Doug
HeyItsDoug

Postby Xander » Fri May 15, 2015 8:17 pm

You might be overthinking things. I do residential repairs and have several dozen customers set up on monthly maintenance plans. Just because someone doesn't have servers and RAID setups doesn't mean they can't benefit from RMM.
Xander

Postby HeyItsDoug » Sat May 16, 2015 12:45 am

You are exactly right! I ended up participating in a live demo with one of the reps at MaxRMM. He demonstrated how I can utilize some of the functions of the product for non-24/7 monitored client machines. Remote access using TeamViewer, asset management and helpdesk integration - it looked good. Pricing is a bit tedious but it looks like around $50 a month and that includes Helpdesk and unlimited remote access to subscribed workstations. Most importantly I think it will allow us to spend more time making $$ and less time managing multiple solutions. Going to keep D7II around though. Huge time saver.

Thanks again.
HeyItsDoug

Postby Xander » Sat May 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Again, though, might be putting the cart before the horse. Unless you're dealing with hundreds of customers on a daily basis, you probably don't need ticketing and helpdesk systems and so on. I get maybe one email a day from these customers; some just roll on perfectly and I never hear from them. I get an email that requires action (which isn't covered as part of the RMM service), I email 'em back saying I'll connect at __ o'clock so make sure their PC is awake at that time. It's that simple.
Xander

Return to d7 Usage and Tips