I use screenconnect, of course I also use the mini version to transfer over, and I have created my own profile that suits the needs of most remote scenario. The profile you should really play with and find what best works for you, and your situation. Usually it comes down to whats wrong with it, 90% of mine are virus related so I have a profile mainly for that purpose the other 10% I just run through manually depending on the situation.
Tips/tricks: I use a lot of silent/auto apps. Disable their keyboard/mouse....run my auto mode which runs through my full auto apps first, and I will usually finish with malwarebytes....and some others if needed. Then finished
Others on here use Team Viewer, which is nice...but I prefer screenconnect.