Add the "Name" key to Client Details

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Add the "Name" key to Client Details

Postby borkedpc » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:07 pm

The "Name" registry key is a very handy feature of d7 & d7II. When I install dSS for a client it is very probable that I have also run d7II.
It is perfect for easily tracking exactly which machine(s) I have worked on and it makes it easy to keep track of multiple computers/workstations for each client. The reason is we put a unique identifier in the "Name" field. Also, it meshes perfectly with the way we track things in RepairShopr.

That said, It would be amazing if this key (if available) was added to the "Client Details" section of the reports that dSS sends out. This unique identifier would speed up new ticket creation and make my workflow generally quicker. The only other "unique" info in the Client Details section of the report is the Computer Name which is not always unique. Example: If I did a search on a name such as "%Username%-PC" I would pull up way too many hits in RS. This is a byproduct of Microsoft autofilling the Name field and many companies/people not caring what their PC name is.

Any possibilities of this happening?

-Scott
borkedpc

Re: Add the "Name" key to Client Details

Postby Xander » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Actually, just about anywhere the MachineName is shown would be a good place to show "Name" (e.g. d7's Work Report). There's a lot of "Owner-PC" out there.
Xander

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:18 pm

Not in there??! Silly me! I thought it was.. let me look.. 5-6 types of email dss can send let me check them to ensure they all have this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:53 am

wasn't thinking clearly last night. I know d7/d7II's name isn't there. will try to get that added next v
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions