Maintenance reminder

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Maintenance reminder

Postby osigoldman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Nick, I am still really missing the maintenance popup that was part of dSupport in the past.
I know that there were technical issues with that functionality.

Now that problem is that so many of my customers who have a free dSS edition don't run maintenance at all.
I would like them to be reminded again.

How about reminding them with a simple popup message with instructions? It does not need to check if maintenance has been done (although that would be far better), just a simple popup to remind them to do maintance.
it should be customizable via dSS, like a custom message to show up every few weeks or so.

Would that not be possible? I think it would help a lot.
osigoldman

Re: Maintenance reminder

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:02 pm

I will have to revisit the idEa. Maybe something can be done with task scheduler and just have it fire regardless every so often. Dss admittedly has been on the back burner for a bit but it is about to get some luv soon with Cryptoprevent and a few other things .. will keep this In mind.. v4 coming...!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby osigoldman » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:25 pm

oh, v4 coming, sounds exciting. thanks for looking at that.
osigoldman

Postby csc » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:03 am

I've been sending my clients automated emails for maintenance reminders. I posted in the Usage and Resell Tips section with a quick idea how to get started:

http://foolishtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1069

I like being able to customize my maintenance reminders, and this allows me to use PHP and an HTML template for my email reminders with the customers information.

Thanks,
Ray
csc

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions