Per client executables

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Per client executables

Postby TwoPlus1 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:35 pm

Panda AV and the unattended ScreenConnect client both use an executable for each client, the files remain the same name but the Licence is different in Panda and the Organisation Name in ScreenConnect.

Is it possible to place a folder with a matching profile name into my ftp server and upload these specific files their, then deploy them as part of the dSS install. Also would a variable already be available for this so that the profiles wouldn't need updating for each client?

Thanks

Martyn
TwoPlus1

Re: Per client executables

Postby Nick » Wed May 28, 2014 10:07 am

I see what you are saying. I can't think of a way to do it with current configuration possibilities, but surely I can add something to code to enable this. Let me think on the best way to implement the functionality and get back to you.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Re: Per client executables

Postby TwoPlus1 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:14 am

Thanks Nick, I'm planning on using three 'Master Templates' for configuring the tasks and schedules. If I then go to each client’s profile and manually update the location of the installer download will this be over written if the templates are blank (don't contain a location to download the installer from)?

So that any future automation works, how do you suggest I structure my folders from the ftp root? dSupportSuite\Apps\Clients\%Client Name Here%\File.exe

Also is it possible to set these as run once to see if they are already installed and if so not to overwrite.
TwoPlus1

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions