DSS Interface / Template Suggestion

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

DSS Interface / Template Suggestion

Postby Tekmate » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:11 pm

I think it would be better to assign the client to the template rather than the other way round in the user interface.

This way we can clearly see the users in each group, and move them to a new template easily.

Consumer Template Free
|
- Joe Blogs
|
- John White

Consumer Template Paid
|
- Arthur Smith

A Small Company Server Template
|
- Cycle Works - Server 1

A Small Company Workstations Template
|
- Cycle Works - Workstation 1
- Cycle Works - Workstation 1

Clicking the template would bring up the facility to edit the template (ideally the config page would be in the same app right pane)and create an installer.
Clicking a user would have the options to change the name, manage restrictions etc in the right pane.

Loosing the other options on the left under menus would help with the learning curve (As the options are on the same level they are weighted by the user as being of same importance. As I'm unfamiliar with some of the terms it takes a while to figure out which sections on the left to ignore during editing. The rest of the commands should perhaps be under a menu to differentiate the options (Like manage dss suite).

Download and upload config and rules on the left pane are also confusing me - not sure what these do exactly. If we could loose these and have the edit button when the template is configured that would be ace. If you want to go mad you could keep a template revision for the past three, that way if a user makes a mistake they can easily push it back the last version... or perhaps draft - for local testing and then publish when done (When it gets uploaded to the clients).

The product is really good and love it. I think this would enable new users to approach the program easier, and make managing long client list easier.

Just a thought (or two !).
Tekmate

Re: DSS Interface / Template Suggestion

Postby csc » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:16 pm

I think it would be better to assign the client to the template rather than the other way round in the user interface.

+1

Loosing the other options on the left under menus would help with the learning curve (As the options are on the same level they are weighted by the user as being of same importance. As I'm unfamiliar with some of the terms it takes a while to figure out which sections on the left to ignore during editing. The rest of the commands should perhaps be under a menu to differentiate the options (Like manage dss suite).

This would make it much easier to learn.

Download and upload config and rules on the left pane are also confusing me

The entire dSS Mgmt Console applies these changes locally. These changes do not apply automatically. After you have configured the client profile as you would like, you must upload those changes to the dCloud. Think of it like "Apply Settings" once you have finished your modifications.
csc

Re: DSS Interface / Template Suggestion

Postby laplandz » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:56 am

+1 for these idea's, i find it difficult to keep organised with updates or changes i make with the way its setup at present.
.. ...
I can walk on water, but I can’t perform miracles.
laplandz

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions