Download/upload Templates to ftp?

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Download/upload Templates to ftp?

Postby vmhs » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:16 am

Hi there.

I will sometimes sit at home when I get up at 5am and tweak my templates for my customers based on what has happened over the last 24 hours.

I do this on my laptop.

My Workdesk Machine at work is where all the templates reside, so I have to copy the template info from the client information in order to play with it.

whilst I understand it may be a fair bit of data, is there any other reason that the templates can not be synced like the customer data is at start/end of a session?
vmhs

Re: Download/upload Templates to ftp?

Postby vmhs » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Failing this, what I would like is the ability for the DSSConfig app to be standalone like D7II - so that we can pick it up and take the templates with us.

If I am out on the road, and I install a new client, I cant do that now.

All I can do is install the generic installer, and create a new ID, which is fine, but what template does it use by default?

I would assume "Default"

So now we have the client installed, how long until it updates it's template from my dCloud? at next heartbeat?

This is a problem when the client is in another timezone - My Perth client called me saying his clock was out by 1 1/2 hours, which then resolved itself a day later :)
vmhs

Re: Download/upload Templates to ftp?

Postby csc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:50 pm

All I can do is install the generic installer, and create a new ID, which is fine, but what template does it use by default?

The template that is used by default is the same template the the generic installer was created with. So if your free template was active when you created your generic installer, that template will be used.

how long until it updates it's template from my dCloud? at next heartbeat?

Yes, assuming you have heartbeats enabled.

I would like is the ability for the DSSConfig app to be standalone

I agree! I would use this to deploy the same templates to multiple dClouds (one per location)
csc

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions