suggestion: Run once on heartbeat/run on Event

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

suggestion: Run once on heartbeat/run on Event

Postby vmhs » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:59 am

I think the ability to schedule a "run this script once" for a particular client would be really helpful

This would allow us to take care of things that dont justify a login to the remote system.

For eg:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/cryptographic-services-failed-while-processing-the/c4274af3-79fb-4412-8ca5-cee721bda112

Needs you to run some commands, which then you pull information out of it to craft the next command to resolve the issue.

By having the script run once, I would get the info I needed, then create a script to complete the fix.

This would be even more useful if it was to also work on events ie: "On event xyz, run this script and email results"

This way when I get these messages (common on win8 machines)

I can craft the response, and tell that machine to run it once.

Thanks again. Love this thing :)
vmhs

Re: suggestion: Run once on heartbeat/run on Event

Postby csc » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:38 pm

vmhs wrote:I think the ability to schedule a "run this script once" for a particular client would be really helpful

This would allow us to take care of things that dont justify a login to the remote system

This would be even more useful if it was to also work on events ie: "On event xyz, run this script and email results"

I would use the run once utility to activate a new license for HitmanPro when I receive a log file that says it is about to expire. This way I wouldn't have to log in just to enter a serial number or add a registry key.

I would use the event trigger to run the "Windows Repair AIO" for specific errors to fix them as well as to trigger a Disk Cleanup if hard drive space is reported to be low.
csc

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions