run multiple programs

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

run multiple programs

Postby xide » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:21 pm

I was looking at how maintenance is performed and allows me to add my custom apps to run along with it. What I would like to do is have a custom button that would allow me to do multiple processes like that.

For example:

Custom button name: Virus scan
-run JRT then close
-run a2 then close
-run MSSE then close
-run vipre then close

It would work much the same way as d7 malware removal tab would work....of course this wouldn't be limited to just virus scans. I was thinking this would be good for command line scanners that run silent and auto close. It would also be a big plus for those companies that charge a fee for dSS, as it will give the customers that little extra of added protection, and less support calls/remote assistance for the business.

Unless of course this is already possible, let me know so I can try some of my ideas.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Re: run multiple programs

Postby csc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:14 pm

This is possible using the errorlevel commands. You can chain the applications together to run one after the next. The following suggestion was based on your concept:

http://foolishtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1595
csc

Postby xide » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks! I don't recall seeing errorlevel commands, but I will definitely look for that this weekend. Thanks again!!!
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.....Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle. I'm afraid I can't explain myself, sir. Because I am not myself, you see?
xide

Postby csc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:59 pm

In the custom application configuration page there is a button at the bottom to the left of "Save App". Use this button to set the custom application you want to chain.
csc

Postby xide » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:31 am

wow....I can't believe I never noticed that. Thanks for that tip! That's exactly the kind of feature I was looking for. Although being able to add more than 3 would be nice, but this will work for the most part.
xide

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions