csc wrote:This is a great addition, but it leaves something to be desired. If a /PreInstall command line parameter was created it would be much more automated when formatting many computers at the same time. /PreInstall would differ in the following ways:
1. A generic installer could be used during Audit Mode (not silent)
2. The technician enters the ClientID, Name, Phone and Email of the customer.
3. Nothing happens, the appropriate registry entries are made but there is no NewInstall email or any contact AT ALL with the dCloud.
4. The finalizing of the installation (New Install) email and client creation on the dCloud is done when the application is run the first time.
5. I would then script it to run with /FinalizeInstall which does not display a GUI and is completely silent from the command line.
This would be ideal. I imagine it would be a little out-side-of-the-box but it would save a lot of time!
not seeing how you can't do what you want, but I also don't understand everything you want. let's go over this step by step.
1. ok, do it.
2. ok, do it. select a common client ID you created for the generic installers, but enter in actual client info in config lite prompt as desired.
3. shouldn't matter what happens with dCloud at this point, to you it shouldn't mean anything. Just ignore the automated new install email for the generic client ID.
4. run dSupportSuite.exe /set /newclientid=Mr Roboto
5. ??? what are you trying to accomplish here? near as I can figure you mean step 5 is what you do to make step 4 happen???