Free Ad-Supported Version

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Free Ad-Supported Version

Postby csc » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:59 pm

Hey Nick,

Is it possible to include Google Ad-sense or any other type of advertising platform? This would encourage my customers to become paying customers.

Thanks,
Ray
csc

Re: Free Ad-Supported Version

Postby vmhs » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:09 pm

I think that this would be best done in the suggested html box - you could put whatever you like in there.
vmhs

Postby csc » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:34 pm

agreed, but I need multiple HTML boxes! lol.

FaceBook Like,
Company RSS Feed,
PayPal / BitCoin Payment Buttons,
Ads from Google AdSense

But honestly, what would be even better is if the user was encouraged to log in with Google+ or FaceBook before using the application. This would be much easier than managing the number of clients in the dCloud, and I could identify the user I would send the invoice to rather easily. Is it possible to connect with those APIs?
csc

Postby Nick » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:08 pm

that's an interesting idea.

connecting to those services I believe I can do but would take a bit of work maybe -- just never done anything like it. With G for example OAuth2 means you have to have an HTML frame or popup, (sorry, haven't read the other suggestions yet including this HTML 'box' thing,) but to do so with an internal browser and get the whole token access thing to work would be sketchy at best even if I could get it to work (the internal browser support is extremely minimal, supporting only basic browser technologies is not only easy for me but frequently an advantage for you on a system where too much junk is screwing up the default browser...

Anyway, a default browser popup to login is fine and dandy, but the access token does expire... I'm not sure on frequency and I guess different services, different whatever, or maybe it is standard I have no clue yet, but either way how many times do you want your user to login to Facebook when they launch your app? I guess if that is ok with you it is great by me.

The other thing is I'm just not wrapping my head around the management aspect of using social media accounts vs. a local or self-managed database style system, and how integration would actually work plus be beneficial.

btw as for the current Client ID system, I am thinking of designs to enhance (or more like replace) as I type this. More on that in a bit. Just dropping in to let you know I'm paying attention here.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby csc » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:24 pm

That's awesome Nick. I would love to talk about how the users are managed. Here's my thoughts towards using Google+ or Facebook to do this:

1. I would let my customer type in their own ID (because its the same as their facebook ID) without worry about duplicates
2. All the contact information for the customer is already provided
3. Using an application on google or facebook would mean you could put the management console in the Play Store, and the client console could be a chrome or firefox extension.
4. It would make the front-end and the back-end one hell of a lot more scalable.
5. You would have far more control over the monitization of these services.
6. People already have a credit card on file with Google and now they are introducing Google Wallet. Its a more convenient billing mechanism.
7. Google is getting big and using their backend will help out over the long term so you don't have to do everything yourself.

Using a browser popup is not a big deal at all, the integration i've seen with some other websites and services (like spotify) makes it pretty standard and painless. I want them to log in to facebook/google only once ever. They could log out and log in as they choose to. They would also log in every time they process a transaction (in terms of google with google wallet).

Please share your thoughts towards replacements for the Client ID system we are currently using!

Thanks,
Ray
csc

Postby Nick » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:52 pm

csc wrote:Please share your thoughts towards replacements for the Client ID system we are currently using!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2215
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions