Heartbeat - User-friendly Service Names

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Heartbeat - User-friendly Service Names

Postby Xander » Tue May 07, 2013 10:39 am

User-friendly service names:

"Service: wuauserv is running. (Service set to start automatically.)"

Just wondering if the cosmetic name could be taken from the registry and used instead of the short name? Or both?

"Service: Windows Update (wuauserv) is running. (Service set to start automatically.)"

Report frequency:
As I'm looking at pitching this as a weekly maintenance package, any chance the reports could be changed to either run every X days or, better, run daily but only send the reports every X days. So, one weekly report with a Mon/Tues/Wed... section?
EDIT: Think I've figured this out so correct me if I'm wrong. By turning off Heartbeat's email, it forces those logs into the weekly report.
Xander

Re: Heartbeat - User-friendly Service Names

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:00 am

Yes on the report frequency, as you no doubt have already figured out. How did I miss this post?

Service names... good idea, will look into that... In pretty much all of my apps I've not used the 'pretty' service name b/c generally Windows doesn't either, and I've been too lazy to simply query the registry for the pretty name. Will try to break free of laziness...
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions