Suggestion : simplistic menu

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Suggestion : simplistic menu

Postby bertie40 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:39 am

I hesitate to bring this up, but is there any way to code a simplistic "4 button panel" (god help me, like win8 metro), with big text labelled "Clean Me", "Update Me", "Scan Me", "Send for help".

With a status bar which says "my company presents....."

And just that.

I have a number of elder users that are just put off by even smaller cutback utils.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD,......
whilst proclaiming the machine fixed, grabbing the cash and running like hell !!
bertie40

Re: Suggestion : simplistic menu

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:50 am

hmm, an entirely new, and more simple interface with big buttons... we'll see about that.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby bertie40 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks again Nick.
I think I've tortured you enough for now.

Regards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ..... Whist proclaiming the machine fixed, grabbing the cash and running like hell.
bertie40

Postby tbigs2012 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:35 pm

+1 for this I think it would be easier for my customers to understand.
tbigs2012

Postby bertie40 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:39 am

Hi Nick.
I'm getting more interested feedback about a simplistic 4 button menu.

Some elderly Dss subscribers are intimidated by all the info.

....... Perhaps startup a new selection of paid addons ?

An addon pack ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..... after proclaiming the machine fixed, grabbing the cash and running like hell !
bertie40

Postby paulojc32 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 am

Hi

+1 to that request, maybe with some skins or themes...
paulojc32

Postby Marshall » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:15 pm

+1 for this as well. All of my customers have a hard time when it comes to using the current menu. Although I'm not sure about
"4 button panel" (god help me, like win8 metro), with big text labelled "Clean Me", "Update Me", "Scan Me", "Send for help"

I would like to see something similar however. Like the above idea, a simple interface handful of buttons, nothing fancy.

Clean Me - basic cleaning (excluding: history, clnmgr, and a defrag)
Update Me - basic updates (Ninite Installer for Java, .Net, Reader, and an updater for Adobe Flash, then have it switch once finished to running Windows Updates)
Ask for help - your basic email support (with a personal profile pic of yourself perhaps? So they get a visual representation of who they're emailing.)
Connect - Configured how you want it, your .exe, or a url w/e (I'm still looking for a way to integrate Logmein rescue's form api so the customer can put in their name, phone, and email then connect...can you include a html/css form?)
Extra Features - a separate GUI opens up (or a dashboard that starts always hidden, below the main GUI) that displays added features like; System Restore, Run Custom Apps, Fix Internet, Fix Printer Spooler, Reboot into Safemode w/Networking, etc.

Other Ideas:
A Schedule Now button - Allows the customer to hop onto their PC and schedule dSS on their own, immediately creating a scheduled event for that time, on that day, every week, etc. Alternatively present a clickable menu for Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Hours of the day so they don't have to type it in.
A Get Report button - Run a report with your business logo, custom html/css branding etc, with an option to print to the default printer...output to html so it opens in their browser.
At the top, include rectangular space for a Banner/Logo that clicks through to your website.
Add Social Media Links via html/css
Add a scrolling message on a bottom bar, like in d7, that we can customize and update via dCloud Console
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Postby Marshall » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:20 pm

The idea behind it in my opinion is that it's a light fast way to get what the customer wants, while the scheduled dSS full feature set includes all of the custom options you want executed on the scheduled time frames when you set it up. Big difference between the "Clean Me" and "Update Me" buttons the customer can click on.

Also I personally would want to have metric's on this information, so that anytime a customer performs one of these options within dSS I receive an email letting me know. It will help in the long run, to understand who is using it, and for what.

I don't really want themes or skins. Those have been nothing but headaches in the past, so until you decide to move to a different coding language, my vote is no to skins.
Marshall

Postby tbigs2012 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:53 pm

Or even something similar to how norton is now setup would be nice
tbigs2012

Postby Marshall » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Norton, McAfee, and other AV apps are most likely being created with c++ or some other newer programing language. Nick is using visual basic to achieve everything we have to date with d7 and dSS. So the fancy GUI, and advanced features that may come with a modern AV app, probably just won't happen with dSS or d7.

If you can point out specific features that you like from these programs, that will help a lot more.

Thanks!
Marshall

Next

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions