Suggestion : simplistic menu

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Re: Suggestion : simplistic menu

Postby Marshall » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:49 pm

Ok I have tweaked my copy a bit.

I would like to have a contact number in there, some kind of Phone# that's either right at the bottom, or right at the top.

Also could we get options on how large the buttons are? Or reduce the size just a tad bit, but keep the font size larger for those with bad eye sight.
The size becomes an issue when you enable all of your custom buttons...I'm running a 1920x1080 resolution, and the bottom went off my screen...

Ideally I would like the entire thing to display in a nice sized box in the center of the screen. Contact #, because I need them to be able to call me...that's just a fact of life. Customers want to see your contact info, and since this will essentially become the #1 way all of my residential clients contact me from now on...it will be ideal to have some contact info in there.

On that note, for me personally. I would really see a huge benefit to having a Profile Pic, and Social Media links in this menu. Ok now before you just tell me no...hear me out.

I want it....ok that's all I got to say....

Soooo..??

Seriously though, social media is the way to go these days when integrating your technology business with your customers. It's already hard enough to talk to people without spewing out tons of technical jargon and losing their train of thought, but adding in all the laborous work of staying in touch is a pain. By adding a few links here and there for social media options (I can send you pic's you could use for virtually every social media site), and then put a link through on the pic, in dSSMC add a menu for social media links, and profile pic uploads..bam done.

End result? Our customer's open dSS to see a Pro calling card. With our Profile Pic, or Business Logo, direct phone number, and a handful of Social Media links that we have selected to use. They will feel like not only is it easy to just contact us using this tool, but it personalized, because now they feel like they're talking right to you. This is a suggestion, but I have to say, I really think this is a good idea and if you don't do it I'll have to bother you until you do :)
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Postby bertie40 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 am

Hiya Nick.

I've changed my mind,
I don't think a simple UI is a good idea.
Best left alone......

But seriously .
Congrats on the excellent work in the simple UI.

I've had very positive feedback on its use, and I've sold a few subs based on that UI alone.

A splash screen would be nice, but I'm very happy with it as it stands.

Thanks again, and congrats on reaching d7 Version 10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2,..... Whilst proclaiming the machine fixed, grabbing the cash and running like hell.
bertie40

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks!

I think I've commented on a splash screen somewhere or another. The deal with that is creating one that runs without a UAC prompt (ok, no problem) that runs on every system startup (ok, no problem) that isn't detected as a virus/malware (ok, PROBLEM.) Even a simple "Hello World" program can trigger several positive results on VirusTotal. For some reason apps that are very small/simple and do nothing but show a splash screen or display a simple message are more likely to be flagged as malware than large complex apps (like d7) which are actually capable of doing damage. Dunno why... but we'll see what I can do on a splash screen *sometime* in the future. I am almost thinking it would be better to start a splash screen as a small .NET application.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Marshall » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:45 am

I don't know about the splash screen, but I think having a Contact # to the far right of the "Go Advanced" would absolutely help.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:29 am

splash screen implemented.

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:54 am

added phone number to simple ui

Nick
Site Admin

Suggestion : simplistic menu

Postby bertie40 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:23 am

... I don't know.
You turn your back for JUST ONE SECOND, ....and it gets enhanced.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2,..... Whilst proclaiming the machine fixed, grabbing the cash and running like hell.
bertie40

Previous

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions