Request : On completion, a summary screen.

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Request : On completion, a summary screen.

Postby bertie40 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:17 am

Hi.
A number of my customers using dss (a small number but growing), are ok running the thing, but feel it would be nice to have a friendly popup screen appear after a run.

Something with big nice green ticks, you have binned xxx useless files and the system has been updated.

Something I've that.

Just a thought.

PS. Is there a time stamp on dss, which can give an indication how long the sub has to run.

Ie "320 days left to go"

........ Unless I've missed it...... Yet again :)

Regards
bertie40

Re: Request : On completion, a summary screen.

Postby Nick » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:42 am

How did I miss this post?!

or did I not, and just forget...?

A summary screen on completion would be nice. Perhaps something wrapped up and included with the reboot/cancel prompt...?

No time stamp on subscriptions since dSS/dSSMC doesn't actually handle 'subscription' status or dates. That's been suggested, oh yeah, and one of these days I'll have time to wrap my head around how to accomplish this easily. To be honest at first I didn't like the idea of allowing dSS/dSSMC handle subscriptions, just one more thing for me to fuck up lol, but your idea of having an indication of subscription status (within dSS, for the customer) would be awesome.

What may be far easier and less prone to disaster, for example, is if you handled the subscription data / reminders yourself, but were able to put in an expiration date into dSS that would serve as an indication for your customers within dSS. You would just need to be able to push out a new expire date through dSSMC should they renew...

Let me think more on this.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby bertie40 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Cheers Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ..... Whist proclaiming the machine fixed, grabbing the cash and running like hell.
bertie40

Postby tbigs2012 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:00 pm

+1 for the reports on finish
tbigs2012

Postby und3rtak3r » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:18 pm

+1 on this
After restart: Message - "Your computer has just restarted after running regular maintenance; The following tasks have completed, you tech has been informed of the following issues (only if detected)..

not a fan of big green ticks - see to many cheesy crapware with them.... but then I complain about less important stuff ;)
The TechGuru4U
RTFM D7 here
RTFM D7II here
RTFM dSupportSuite Here

You may call me Glenn
und3rtak3r

Postby Nick » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:24 pm

implemented a summary screen on completion in v3.4

There is currently no customization of the text, it is merely the same as you would get in the email.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions