dSS x.x.x.x: Export Basic Client Config

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

dSS x.x.x.x: Export Basic Client Config

Postby und3rtak3r » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:04 am

Nick,

You will probably tell me there is an easy way..

Are we able or could you consider the option of Exporting the basic client Config? personally all I am after is client/ID name and Scheduled run day and time, if heartbeat is on and if daily or with maintenance (figured that would be asking way to much).. So if the config can be exported as csv .. but if it is easiest as html.. so be it..
The TechGuru4U
RTFM D7 here
RTFM D7II here
RTFM dSupportSuite Here

You may call me Glenn
und3rtak3r

Re: dSS x.x.x.x: Export Basic Client Config

Postby Nick » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:31 am

there isn't a way, but I might can think of something. You want basically the info for all user configs in one list, right? Do you need CSV exactly or is straight up Excel format (XLSX) ok and would you have Excel installed on the system where dSSMC is installed? I ask because it makes a huge difference in how I do things.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby und3rtak3r » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:04 pm

If it requires much of YOUR TIME to do this.. I think it is better that we look at others thoughts before you put the time in.. for me at the moment it isnt a biggie.. but I am sure others MAY have large lists and could be helpful to them.

For my situation.. The Main PC dSSMC is installed on has Excel 2007/2010...
My thought with csv was more for versatility, other users may not have excel, or prefer to use libreoffice or OpenOffice.. again for me .xlsx is good..
The TechGuru4U
RTFM D7 here
RTFM D7II here
RTFM dSupportSuite Here

You may call me Glenn
und3rtak3r

Postby Nick » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:07 am

Doing it for Excel is probably easier than trying to work with another office suite. MS exposes certain .dlls which make reading and writing to MS Office documents possible - I don't know if part of that exposes the interface for writing / saving in an open document format, but it's a moot point if an Excel installation is required for the interface for working with the documents from VB6 to begin with.

I'm not certain of other office suites provide such an interface for working with their document formats or not but really, we're all techs here, and probably we all have MS Office for some reason or another installed on the machine already, or available to be installed via Technet subscription, or just a copy you 'acquired' somehow..
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions