Email Reports Suggestion

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Email Reports Suggestion

Postby Marshall » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:30 am

I often try to create better filters to capture significant Heartbeats, and Maintenance Reports from dSS, but it can be a bit difficult at times.

Currently I am filtering for the subject "Heartbeat", and the words "disk, ntfs, and disabled". I flag these entries immediately for further attention, and check all other reports on a regular basis. It still takes a significant amount of time however. Unfortunately I am seeing many reports pass right on through with disabled entries. So I am looking for a better way to capture and filter dSS email reports. I use gmail to capture email reports.

So I was wondering if the Heartbeat reports could contain an "Alert" heading when the following errors are detected: disk, ntfs, vss, kernel. In addition to flagging the same alert heading when the firewall, anti-virus product, and anti-malware products are "Disabled".

This would make it relatively easy to determine what's critically important, and what's not. The end result being a message like this "Heartbeat - Alert - ClientIDHere"
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions