Client Visibility

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Client Visibility

Postby Marshall » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:54 am

Would it be possible to add an option in dSSMC to put an "*" or a "ON" before or after the client id name, to signify if the client is currently online.
Then when you select the client id that is online, have an option in the left to "Run Now" to immediately schedule maintenance (with like a 2-5 min delay automatically).

Run a ping every 5 min, half hour, or hour from the server to determine if a system is Online or not. This is a great feature to have, in conjunction with my last post about being able to get an email reminder that someones dSS has not ran maintenance in a while. You can proactively run it when you see it online, wait for a heartbeat, and if you don't get a heartbeat, schedule a follow-up the next day to get whatever the problem is fixed.

This can create billable opportunities, and ensure further quality assurance for dSS in production environments. Things go buggy sometimes and stop working, and having a proactive method like this, and the email idea, can help us resolve them instead of being in the dark.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Re: Client Visibility

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:09 am

wouldn't be possible I'm afraid - NOTHING involving any real-time communication between any components is possible the way this app is coded. I wouldn't even know how -- though I'd like to learn at some point...
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Mitch » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:31 pm

@Marshall, not sure if this helps you or not, but I use Logmein Central with my clients. I make a notation on their accounts if they are dss clients and couldn't you also set up the maintenance to run in the Task Scheduler? That way any time you are in the console you can see who is online and go to the dashboard to see if the maintenance has been run or not.

Again, not sure if this helps but here ya go.
Mitch

Postby Marshall » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:50 pm

Hey Mitch,

I feel like Central is just a watered down RMM. I would rather just invest the money in a real RMM. On top of that they don't support my chosen AV product line.

Rescue is to date the only remote access software I have been able to say "I can clean any infection remotely (except for those FBI screen saver POS!)". It's ability to work along side d7, AV suites, Combofix, and my built in scripts, has made it not only a insanely affordable choice, but very tough to replace. I have remote access functionality through my RMM, and 9/10 I still chose to use Rescue because it's simply more reliable and robust.

All the same, thank you very much for the tip!
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions