User Friendly Email Reports

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

User Friendly Email Reports

Postby Marshall » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Would it be possible to create some User friendly reports that can be sent to the customer?

Let's face it, the current reports that go to them are really technical and most people just don't want to siphon through that information, that's what the Tech is for.

My initial thought was an email that put's your business Logo at the top (like the html report in d7).
Then starts in with:

(If on a trial) Trial Ends: ##### days
Last Maintenance: ##/##/####
Windows ########, Up-to-date: "Yes or No"
Free Hard Drive Space: #####
Anti-Virus: ########### (Enabled/Disabled, Updated/Not Updated)
Anti-Spyware: ########### (Enabled/Disabled, Updated/Not Updated)
Firewall: ############ (Enabled/Disabled)
Monitoring On: "Yes or No"

Super simple, right to the point. It won't send crazy amounts of information their way, yet provides them with some important data that can help them stay on top of their own problems.
Alternatively when configuring reports to go to a customer, there could be a "Send Event Logs" option, which would revert back to the current method with all of the info (This is good for the tech savy, or those who want to see it all)

I think Xander has a system for sending the log's to customers, and I have dabbled with it myself. I have found that most people don't care to read through all the information, or I get emails and phone calls because even after being taught how to read the logs, they don't understand what they're looking at when they see error messages, and it scares them...scares me when I get hundreds of emails a day with walls of text.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions