A timer for hung or waiting application

Post feature suggestions here for dSupportSuite (including dCloud / dCloud Self-Hosted and the dSupportSuite Management Console)
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Re: A timer for hung or waiting application

Postby synapse » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:45 pm

I have put "Kill programs that conflict with updates" in the .reg (in my last update .reg) but i'm not secure if it work because in pmp have i not checked nothing in other apps but pmp wants same to update
To setup the batch file to start just before pmp i don't think work for the same reason i write in other post, pmp search the installed app and when update the app start for installation
Somebody asked mounth ago to the author of pmp the ability to skip all software and not just common software but with no answer
synapse

Postby Nick » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:23 pm

as an FYI v3.8.6 implements a one hour timer - if a custom app takes any longer than that it will proceed to the next app or function in the Maintenance routine, so hopefully a hung app won't cause maintenance to completely stall out now.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby synapse » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:04 pm

Many thanks Nick!
This will be useful first for pmp
synapse

Postby csc » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:43 am

This improvement is causing me a few problems regarding custom button applications. I have two applications which take many hours to run, and neither are part of the maintenance routine. Can this timer be set to a checkbox and done optionally instead of forced? I need to disable this for my Backup software and my Diagnostic software.

Thanks,
Ray
csc

Postby Xander » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Part of the CFG? "[ ] Timeout after ___ mins"? This way, very long programs can be unchecked but programs that /might/ hang can be checked sooner than an hour?
Xander

Postby csc » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:37 pm

Exactly, that sounds like the simplest solution.
csc

Postby csc » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:52 am

Nick wrote:I can do this. My question is, how long is too long to wait? it would have to be plenty of time if for example you were running a virus scan.... 30 minutes, one hour?

Just wanted to bump this older thread, it's important to be able to specify how long it would wait. There are suggestions scattered around this forum regarding this change. I need to be able to specify up to 10 hours for people who are doing hardware diagnostics or file backups.

Thanks,
Ray
csc

Previous

Return to dSupportSuite Feature Suggestions