I've been up all night putting this together, it's a slim down version of the database I'm using to track my dSupportSuite customers. This is useful for one technician and up to 100 clients and assumes that your receive your dSupportSuite emails in your Gmail inbox. The client which is specified is done by which cell is active. Make sure you activate the correct row before using any of the buttons.
What it does: Creates a Google Sheet file with a new row for each identity, and tracks the emails received. There is a dSupportSuite menu that is create (onOpen function) with the following options:
1. Update Customer Info - gets the latest name, phone and email of a customer from the heartbeat. This information is specified in the lite configuration page.
2. Update Services - gets the date of the latest maintenance and heartbeat emails, as well as searches the heartbeat emails for the latest successful backup (windows backup). If these emails have been missing for too long (specified individually for each client) the cell will turn red and alert you that attention is needed for that client. This button will also search for the most recent Custom Application logs and attach that log as a "note" to the cell.
3. Check for New Install emails - useful if you recently installed a client and do not want to wait the 5min for the New Install trigger to run.
4. Send Maintenance Alert Email - sends a reminder to the client to run a maintenance routine.
To get set up do the following:
1. Send me a PM with your email address so I can create and share a database file for you.
2. Once I have shared the file with you, go to tools > scripts to see the code
3. Update the variables at the top to match your settings. The Google folder is necessary to place reports that you need to review.
4. Run onInstall and onOpen to set up the appropriate triggers and create the menu in sheets view.
5. Customize the code to add you own preferences.
How the triggers work:
1. It will check your Gmail inbox every 5 minutes to look for New Install emails. If a new install email is found it will create a row in the database and add the identity for that row.
2. It will also check your Gmail inbox every 5 minutes for heartbeat emails. If a heartbeat is found, it will review the heartbeat looking for "disabled" and if found it will create a copy of the email in your reports folder.
3. It will update one row (both customer info and services) every 5 minutes. If you have lots of clients then it will take a while to update that client. The row it updated most recently is displayed is cell A1. Do not remove this number.
Donations are greatly appreciated!https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7SJHY677DZY8Q
BitCoin Address: 18tfCZwSyZhSJ6ix5eiCKCZpJwAvab4VAP