dSupportSuite Database

Discuss marketing/selling dSupportSuite and your monitoring/maintenance plans and strategies; also share your usage / configuration tips for dSupportSuite here, or ask the community for theirs.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.

dSupportSuite Database

Postby csc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:05 am

I've been up all night putting this together, it's a slim down version of the database I'm using to track my dSupportSuite customers. This is useful for one technician and up to 100 clients and assumes that your receive your dSupportSuite emails in your Gmail inbox. The client which is specified is done by which cell is active. Make sure you activate the correct row before using any of the buttons.

What it does: Creates a Google Sheet file with a new row for each identity, and tracks the emails received. There is a dSupportSuite menu that is create (onOpen function) with the following options:
1. Update Customer Info - gets the latest name, phone and email of a customer from the heartbeat. This information is specified in the lite configuration page.
2. Update Services - gets the date of the latest maintenance and heartbeat emails, as well as searches the heartbeat emails for the latest successful backup (windows backup). If these emails have been missing for too long (specified individually for each client) the cell will turn red and alert you that attention is needed for that client. This button will also search for the most recent Custom Application logs and attach that log as a "note" to the cell.
3. Check for New Install emails - useful if you recently installed a client and do not want to wait the 5min for the New Install trigger to run.
4. Send Maintenance Alert Email - sends a reminder to the client to run a maintenance routine.

To get set up do the following:
1. Send me a PM with your email address so I can create and share a database file for you.
2. Once I have shared the file with you, go to tools > scripts to see the code
3. Update the variables at the top to match your settings. The Google folder is necessary to place reports that you need to review.
4. Run onInstall and onOpen to set up the appropriate triggers and create the menu in sheets view.
5. Customize the code to add you own preferences.

How the triggers work:
1. It will check your Gmail inbox every 5 minutes to look for New Install emails. If a new install email is found it will create a row in the database and add the identity for that row.
2. It will also check your Gmail inbox every 5 minutes for heartbeat emails. If a heartbeat is found, it will review the heartbeat looking for "disabled" and if found it will create a copy of the email in your reports folder.
3. It will update one row (both customer info and services) every 5 minutes. If you have lots of clients then it will take a while to update that client. The row it updated most recently is displayed is cell A1. Do not remove this number.

Donations are greatly appreciated!
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=7SJHY677DZY8Q
BitCoin Address: 18tfCZwSyZhSJ6ix5eiCKCZpJwAvab4VAP

Thanks,
Ray
csc

Re: dSupportSuite Database

Postby ajgyomber » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:57 am

I don't think Ray is properly expressing how cool it is what he has done with Gmail and Sheets. He gave me a tour of it yesterday. Ray has basically figured out how to create a NOC view or heads-up display for all his clients using dSupportSuite. In one quick glance you can quickly see the status of all your clients, heartbeat, maintenance, event logs and other defined applications.

It almost makes me re-think using LabTech for our managed service clients! Very impressive work and if you are manually reviewing a bunch of emails from your dSupportSuite installations then this really, really simplifies it.

--AJ
ajgyomber

Postby vmhs » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:23 pm

any idea what I am doing wrong?
running OnInstall, I get this:

You do not have access to library dSS, used by your script, or it has been deleted.Dismiss
vmhs

Postby csc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Whoops, that's my fault. I have it referencing a class from a script on my Google Drive, and I failed to set permissions properly. I'll have it fixed in a few moments.
csc

Postby csc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Re-Download the file from the link in the first post, I modified it slightly. I corrected permissions too. Let me know what your think!
csc

Postby vmhs » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:18 pm

Bad value (line 2, file "Code")

I assume that means I have the name of my sheet wrong? what should those variables be?

I called it the spreadsheet "dSupportSuite" and the sheet is called Index

edit: never mind, it is the ID of the spreadsheet :)

Got it
vmhs

Postby csc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Thats right, and the ID of the review folder as well.
csc

Postby vmhs » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Ok, I have it working (I guess) - it seems to be pulling reports from my gmail account, placing them into the dSupportSuiteReports Folder.

the spreadsheet is not giving me anything tho.

see attached image
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (24.45 KiB) Viewed 6599 times
vmhs

Postby csc » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:40 pm

The macro provided an error for whatever reason that I cannot replicate on my database. It will work if you change the "identity" field to match the identity of the emails you have incoming. It will automatically add new identities if it finds a "New Install" email message. Try redownloading the file and entering your own identity instead of the default (0700132). It's searching for a client ID of 0700132.
csc

Postby vmhs » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:53 pm

I had those messages archived.

Moved it all back to inbox and it seems to be working :)

Thanks
vmhs

Next

Return to dSupportSuite Usage and Resale Tips & Strategies