tried reloading, quiting and reopening numerous times and left it work for hours and days but with no luck. Tried different browsers but again no. Tried different computers but still no. If you can see the spreadsheet and the project file you shared with me, please check in order to confirm that the count variable or whatever variable it is that you use, increases. I have even left some clientIDs un-updated manually so you can track what is going on. These IDs have just the first column (clientID) correctly written but no other data inside. Everything works on manual, the auto update just refuses to work!
Before I handled the new file you made for me last week, I even emptied the google drive folder that the reports are stored, unlabeled all my emails and gave permissions. I went by the book and to my frustration it just won't update automatically.
The only things I changed on the code are
- edit the spreadsheet ID (this has to be correct because it populates the correct spreadsheet),
- edit the google drive folder ID (this has to be correct because it creates files inside the correct folder),
- edit the maintance_button_verbage value to match the one I use (this works because it picks them up on manual),
- edit the maintenance_verbage to match the one I use (this works because it picks them up on manual) ,
- declared the maintenance_days variable as you advised another person on this thread (this works as well since it calculates correctly and changes the color of the text when updated manually) and
- commented out the alertMaintenance function call in update function so that I would not bombard with emails the client with the first clientID in my spreadsheet. I don't know if this is the mistake but I only did that last and I haven't seen anything to do with the count variable in the alertMaintenance function so I suppose it should be ok. You tell me.
The only thing I can think of is something happening when the following is executed
which is the last line in the update function before the brackets } close.
If I change the above line to
or to this
it doesn't pick up the last heartbeats and the last maintenance emails when done manually, but the previous one (ie not today's, but yesterdays)
I hope I am being helpful here and I am sorry for being "that guy" but if there is anything else I could do to help (like allow you to remote to my machine so you can track this thing) please just let me know.
Thanks again and again,