dSupportSuite Database

Discuss marketing/selling dSupportSuite and your monitoring/maintenance plans and strategies; also share your usage / configuration tips for dSupportSuite here, or ask the community for theirs.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.

Re: dSupportSuite Database

Postby csc » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Hey nikolaosp,

My script DOES update the cell in the first row of the first column, and the command to increment the count is done in the backend code. Sometimes I have to reload the page to have it refresh. Try closing the file and opening it again to see if it updates.

Thanks,
Ray
csc

Postby nikolaosp » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:34 pm

Hey Ray,

tried reloading, quiting and reopening numerous times and left it work for hours and days but with no luck. Tried different browsers but again no. Tried different computers but still no. If you can see the spreadsheet and the project file you shared with me, please check in order to confirm that the count variable or whatever variable it is that you use, increases. I have even left some clientIDs un-updated manually so you can track what is going on. These IDs have just the first column (clientID) correctly written but no other data inside. Everything works on manual, the auto update just refuses to work!

Before I handled the new file you made for me last week, I even emptied the google drive folder that the reports are stored, unlabeled all my emails and gave permissions. I went by the book and to my frustration it just won't update automatically.

The only things I changed on the code are
- edit the spreadsheet ID (this has to be correct because it populates the correct spreadsheet),
- edit the google drive folder ID (this has to be correct because it creates files inside the correct folder),
- edit the maintance_button_verbage value to match the one I use (this works because it picks them up on manual),
- edit the maintenance_verbage to match the one I use (this works because it picks them up on manual) ,
- declared the maintenance_days variable as you advised another person on this thread (this works as well since it calculates correctly and changes the color of the text when updated manually) and
- commented out the alertMaintenance function call in update function so that I would not bombard with emails the client with the first clientID in my spreadsheet. I don't know if this is the mistake but I only did that last and I haven't seen anything to do with the count variable in the alertMaintenance function so I suppose it should be ok. You tell me.

The only thing I can think of is something happening when the following is executed
sheet.getRange(1, 1).setValue(count);
which is the last line in the update function before the brackets } close.

If I change the above line to

sheet.getRange(1, 1).setValue(count++);

or to this

count++;
sheet.getRange(1, 1).setValue(count);

it doesn't pick up the last heartbeats and the last maintenance emails when done manually, but the previous one (ie not today's, but yesterdays)

I hope I am being helpful here and I am sorry for being "that guy" but if there is anything else I could do to help (like allow you to remote to my machine so you can track this thing) please just let me know.

Thanks again and again,
nikolaosp
nikolaosp

Postby nikolaosp » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:25 pm

Just an update, unfortunately I have not managed to make it work. :(

The cell in the first row of the first row never changes, it always has the value "4" no matter how much time the script runs or how many times I reopen or reload the file.
Apart from that I got a script notification email with many lines.
The first line had 24/4/2015 as a date and the last one was the following

25/4/2015 7:22 πμ readHeartbeat ReferenceError: "DocsList" is not defined. (line 102, file "Code", project "dSS") time-based 25/4/2015 7:22 am

Anyone else got that ?

nikolaosp
nikolaosp

Postby csc » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm currently getting the emails about script errors as well. They seem to be inconsistent because some days I don't get any errors and some days I get many. I'm currently looking at a solution like CheckCentral for notifications.

https://www.checkcentral.cc/

Thanks,
Ray
csc

Postby nikolaosp » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:40 am

I got one today, one yesterday, one the day before and one the day before that so I think they are quite consistent on my side.
I saw your post about CheckCentral on the suggestions forum and I thought I would check it out, created an account but still have no idea where to start with that... But thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Cheers,
nikolaosp

csc wrote:I'm currently getting the emails about script errors as well. They seem to be inconsistent because some days I don't get any errors and some days I get many. I'm currently looking at a solution like CheckCentral for notifications.

https://www.checkcentral.cc/

Thanks,
Ray
nikolaosp

Previous

Return to dSupportSuite Usage and Resale Tips & Strategies