Selling the Support Suite to customers : HELP !!

Discuss marketing/selling dSupportSuite and your monitoring/maintenance plans and strategies; also share your usage / configuration tips for dSupportSuite here, or ask the community for theirs.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.

Selling the Support Suite to customers : HELP !!

Postby bertie40 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:30 am

I know I'm going to get kicked for this, but wth.

How do you guys go about selling this product to customers?
I've managed a few, but my sales technique is pitiful.

Any advice, (short of stop bothering us you pathetic twerp) would be gratefully received.

Do you just say you have a product that may be worth their while ?

When I bring it up, the customer goes on the offensive, in that their interest just dies, they get suspicious of me and they put up the barricades.

Also, as I am in a cheeky mood, and as I am going to be kicked and verbally beaten up anyway, would any of you guys be willing to post an example of a dss flyer ?

I'm trying to produce one, but they all look cheap and nasty, and, importantly don't do the product justice. I'm not looking to copy it, just gain inspiration.

Thanks.
Where's my armour.
bertie40

Re: Selling the Support Suite to customers : HELP !!

Postby Xander » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:10 am

To be honest, dSS is my Plan B for when I try to sell GFI. I push GFI at $10/mo, quarterly and, if they hum and haw about that, I use dSS as an alternative at $59/year. I emphasize the automatic maintenance and the other features. (WeeklyCare.ca)

I've printed up rack cards with my "Constant Care" (GFI) on one side and "Weekly Care" on the other.
Xander

Postby Nick » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:29 am

The attached was sent to me by another UK guy, I didn't look at WHERE in the UK either of you are, but hopefully not your direct competitor :) In which case I have some serious explaining to do! He did tell me I could show off this material though...

Obviously he is bundling dSS with other goods/services to beef them up with more value, and not selling it by itself; not knowing what you want to do or have in mind this may or may not be helpful. You will see in his 3 tiered approach that the basic tier doesn't include dSS at all but the top to do. (I don't think the lower tier does, but then again he may be installing it with no functionality enabled just to let it sit there, so he can easily activate it's features remotely should the person upgrade their service.) The other goods / services being a cloud backup plan, an anti-virus package, and a two free/included virus removals or reloads per year. All in all not a bad plan indeed.
Attachments
sentinel a board.pdf
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 339 times
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby bertie40 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:31 am

Thanks for that nick.
The guy works 4 doors down from me.

Nah, actually, they are in Scotland, I'm in England.......Which is a different country, approx 3000 miles east of America. ;)

It's a good example, and given me a starting point, which is what I was after.

When I'm done, i'll post my example for others to work from.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk..... after proclaiming the machine fixed, grabbing the cash and running like hell !
bertie40

Postby Mitch » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:07 am

This is a really good plan. Totally sweeps away my idea! :oops:

Pro System Care

Back to the drawing board!
Mitch

Postby unclebuck » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:56 pm

Clicked on the link in the post above and got a trojan, be careful.
unclebuck

Postby Mitch » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:19 pm

@unclebuck, thanks for pointing that out. I've been working with Google to get this resolved, in the meantime I have taken my site down.
Mitch

Return to dSupportSuite Usage and Resale Tips & Strategies