30 Day Demo Version for Download

Discuss marketing/selling dSupportSuite and your monitoring/maintenance plans and strategies; also share your usage / configuration tips for dSupportSuite here, or ask the community for theirs.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.

Re: 30 Day Demo Version for Download

Postby Marshall » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:26 am

Hello Curious12.

I spent some time thinking about unclebuck's idea here, and decided to provide a "Vanilla" Free version to residents in my home town.

I suggest that you look into Gravity Forms, for WP.

Your goal should be to customize your client id, create an installer, and upload it into your WP site as a .zip file. Provide a video walk-through for installation, so your customers can do the install without having to always call your office. Use your preferred Form to capture your clients information, and find the options in the forms settings that allow you to change the buttons "submit" feature to download the file directly (enter in the file URL). Once you have done all of that, you're pretty much finished. It isn't the most ideal way to capture data, and download a file, but it works. No web developer needed (unless you're looking for a safer download/analytics on your form submissions, etc.).
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Postby Curious12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:53 am

Marshall, thank you for the clarification. Is it possible to setup a 30 day trial version of the application though? That's the part that confuses me most.
Curious12

Postby Marshall » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:44 pm

Hello Curious12.

Yes there are two ways I'm aware of, and there may be more than what I'm mentioning here, as I'm not always 100% aware of the features and power of dApps...please bear that in mind.

1. Set your form's up on your website to request a custom installer for a client (client submits the form, you get an email with their info), which a few times a month you schedule time to create custom installers and email them out (with your preferred delivery system, dropbox, skydrive, your website, etc.).

2. At the end of every month, schedule your current Freemium Installer (which you upload to your site) to switch to blocking all of the built-in services, and displaying your webpage (an ad, for the premium version). Then create a new Freemium Installer/re-compile, and upload back to your site (this may require the use of 2 client id's, I'm not sure currently) and restart the cycle of use.

Be sure to monitor who has previously used a Free 30 day trial of your product, using your Forms, and prevent the same users from signing up again and again. I honestly would go with option 2, because it represents the least amount of labor/time involved in maintaining it.

If you require help getting anything setup just PM me, and I'll see what I can do. Good Luck!
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Previous

Return to dSupportSuite Usage and Resale Tips & Strategies