3rd party apps

Discuss marketing/selling dSupportSuite and your monitoring/maintenance plans and strategies; also share your usage / configuration tips for dSupportSuite here, or ask the community for theirs.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.

3rd party apps

Postby Cc1 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Hi, what can I add into my DSS install? What are you using for custom Apps?
Cc1

Re: 3rd party apps

Postby Marshall » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 pm

You can really add almost anything you can think of. That's the beatufy of dSS and d7. Customizable apps.

For a shared list of apps we use in d7 please login to your dCloud account in d7 and take a look at the shared settings. There is a wealth of shared apps here, and it is well worth checking in on it once a month.

Asking for a list of what everyone is using doesn't really come across very well. You're essentially saying "Do my job for me." So I would recommend either rewording your request, or not asking that kind of a question on the forums.

We all try to pitch in as best as we can, and I'm certainly willing to help a new start up business get off their feet. I'm however not likely to invest a ton of time, and give my trade secrets away for how I do business. What's the benefit in me doing that?

With that being said. If you spend a bit of time on sites like majorgeeks, and bleepingcomputer, you will find tons of fun tools that you can use to help your customers.

dSS already comes pre-equipped with pretty much everything you should have right out of the gate.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Postby Cc1 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 am

thanks for that Marshall,

I was just really asking what to include with the software I purchased to get the best out of it. Thanks anyhow.
Cc1

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:38 am

I personally only include the default apps that you can get with dSS, and I'm starting to remove them.

CCleaner: don't feel it does anything that dSS doesn't already do...

Defraggler: starting to remove this in select profiles due to the growing popularity of SSDs with no way to detect and abort if they are found present.

PatchMyPC: used to include, but recent issues with this software trying to update the Google Updater and freezing up, stalling maintenance indefinitely, have caused me to remove it.

a2cmd virus scanner: still use this for some people, and I have it configured to email me (using the errorlevel rules) only if malware is found.

I don't use anything else personally.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Cc1 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:56 pm

Thanks nick, so without those extra programs, with out sounding too dumb... What does DSS Offer?

I know it deletes temp files, and internet reset....

Do you have a document listing the features?
Cc1

Postby Marshall » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:20 pm

dSupportSuite is like...

A Calling Card
***you leave on a customer system so that they can contact you quicker than "the other guy"
A Maintenance System
***its relatively easy to manage, and you can update and control remotely.
A FREE way to Advertise
***use it to always stay in front of your customers by setting up custom URL links to advertise new services, and offers.
A Monitoring Solution
***its one of the easiest ways to monitor your break/fix customers for possible OS and hardware problems that create a "billable opportunity"

Furthermore:
It is the only thing on the market that allows you to do all of this for a $10/mo. subscription (dCloud). No other software or vendor that I have come across even compares in pricing vs. power.
Nick is constantly adding new features, and staying in front of requests to fix bugs, etc. You will be hard pressed to find reliability like this with another vendor...Seriously.

Finally it's a very affordable way for a start-up business to generate more business by clever use, and advertisement.
Many people choose to provide a "FREE Maintenance" plan or something that get's them in the door so they can start to market other services to the customers using it. 30 day trials, etc.

I've used dSS to generate over $1,000 MRR, in just one month alone, from only residential consumers (with virtually no labor costs on my part other than keeping it updated).

Trust me when I say that if you buy it, and use it, even if you use it poorly and without direction, that you can make money.
If you need help getting it up and running PM me.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:57 am

The best way to look over the features is to look at the configuration, as most everything is in there to be enabled/disabled/configured.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Return to dSupportSuite Usage and Resale Tips & Strategies