What do your customers think?

Discuss marketing/selling dSupportSuite and your monitoring/maintenance plans and strategies; also share your usage / configuration tips for dSupportSuite here, or ask the community for theirs.
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.

What do your customers think?

Postby Cc1 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:43 am

Hi, I am fairly new to the DSS software. I have been a D7 user for quite a while and happy with it.

I have compiled a beta system for my customers to trial, and so far feed back as been, no so good? Maybe i am doing something wrong? Any how. Does DDS have any end user documentation that I could pass on?

i received this email this morning;

"Thanks for the free trial, but found it a bit confusing in as much as at the end of the scans the info was very limited to what I already knew or I did not understand it.
I think I did the 1 Click Scan, or I might have deleted it when I deleted the Back-Up Software, if you want I can download again and retry it??
Please let me know."

See he must of get that MY PC BACKUP Software what i am talking about in another thread???

Question is really, what do your customers think and how do you promote, explain its uses?
Cc1

Re: What do your customers think?

Postby Nick » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:03 am

Regarding the customer with the email:

1. Not every customer actually wants or needs the emails, which is why they are optional. I know some people (like the ones who need Bertie's simple interface design I'm working on currently, do NOT need it.) Others may want the email for the sole reason of "peace of mind" that the maintenance is in fact running, working properly, and 'doing something' ...

This is really a question you may need to ask the customer so you can tailor the install to their needs.. I realize you don't get the opportunity especially if you are having people download it and install directly, but that isn't an ideal situation for a lot of people anyway, especially the older folks. I imagine that a good 'default' behavior is to keep it simple (disabling the client emails) on default installations, but that is just my opinion.

2. I would be interested to know what exactly among the information was too limited; everyone is of a different level of PC knowledge so it would be helpful for you to ask this customer what he would like more information on, and pass that on to me - making certain info more verbose isn't out of the question - but a fine balance has to be struck for those who don't need that level of detail, again such as the simple UI folks.

I already know what is too advanced for most folks, like the SMART readouts (which I may remove, need to take a vote heh because I'm not going to make it an 'option' it's either in or out... I'm considering removing it from Maintenance emails actually, but leaving it in for Heartbeat emails (as these are of course going to contain other information you really don't need the client to have anyway, so I imagine most people even who have the Maintenance emails enabled will have the Heartbeat emails disabled.)
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Re: What do your customers think?

Postby Marshall » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Hello Cc1.

I have compiled a beta system for my customers to trial, and so far feed back as been, no so good? Maybe i am doing something wrong?

What kind of delivery system are you using for your trial? "Here is some free software!"?
It is important to have a stable process for delivering your services. So if you are finding that something isn't working out the way you want it to, I would suggest that you first start looking into how you're packaging the service, and providing it to your customers.
1. Include an incentive for having the service. This can simply be you telling your customer about the value of the service/program and how it will help them.
2. Wrap it up and put a bow on it when you give it to them. Extra care to the details of how you present your service/program to your customer will keep them coming back. Providing a 1 on 1 walk-through, documentation, and video's of how to properly use the service/program is a must. They have to know how to use it effectively, or it's just bloatware.

i received this email this morning;

"Thanks for the free trial, but found it a bit confusing in as much as at the end of the scans the info was very limited to what I already knew or I did not understand it.
I think I did the 1 Click Scan, or I might have deleted it when I deleted the Back-Up Software, if you want I can download again and retry it??
Please let me know."

That's great. Feedback is good. What process do you have to respond to feedback, and is it automated?

Just like your delivery system, it's crucial to have a good feedback and customer input process. This can make or break you. You should spend time developing a good process for this so that you can turn each and every customer into an ongoing product tester. After all these are the people you depend on for your money right? So be sure that you have a plan on how to keep them happy. Not asking them what they want, and need, is not acceptable.
1. Most customers will not know what they want and need. You need to open up the dialogue and walk through the service/program with them and ask them for input while you go. Don't just ask them to tell you what they think, be specific to get the details that will help you. Also ask them how it affects them, and above all else, listen to their input (even if you disagree)
2. Have a list of questions that you have already made by talking to customers in the past and use it to guide you through your "Inquisition" of whoever it is your trying to get feedback from. Some good questions may sound like: "I want to help you finish your work faster. What do you think you spend the most time doing every day?", "When you use Service/Program what is the single most important thing you use it to do?", "If I could improve Service/Program, in what way would you have me do that?"
3. Open ended questions are baiting yourself for failure, unless you yourself have an in depth knowledge of the customers business operations, or use of their computer systems. Be specific, don't leave a question open ended. Try for Yes or No answers to your questions. This will help you in the begining.

Question is really, what do your customers think and how do you promote, explain its uses?

Well first they don't have to think. That's what I'm getting paid to do.
I do all of the above, and a lot more. If you would like to discuss it in detail sometime send me a PM.
Help Me With My Computer Tech
IT Services & IT Consulting Services In Southern IL and St. Louis MO
Marshall

Return to dSupportSuite Usage and Resale Tips & Strategies