Repairshopr Integration Not working for me.

Support and discussion for d7x PC Technician's Productivity Tool
Forum rules
1. Try to give more than you take, when possible.
2. When posting for help, include d7x version, OS details, and steps to reproduce the issue.
3. Start a new topic for a new problem, don't just post on existing topics that are NOT your EXACT problem.
4. SEARCH THE FORUMS BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC.

Repairshopr Integration Not working for me.

Postby Tekmate » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:34 am

Hi Nick,

Noticed in your update log that you changed the reports from "D7x Reports" "D7 Reports" for resolving Repairshopr Integration.

I cannot seem to get this to work and I believe I have been through all the troubleshooting steps I can find >

I can get the email to the ticket with the "D7 Reports" subject line and info report.html viewable but it doesn't convert to a comptuer report - ie strip out the information.

Today I downloaded a fresh blank d7x and made no changes other that getting enough detail in for a report to be sent and still no joy. This appears to be on Repairshopr end but I cannot get it to function, frustratingly we have one computer report generate in June but I cannot think how this worked and cannot replicate it again since.

I noticed REpairshopr have updated their guide so I wondered if you had been in touch to resolve ?

Many thanks
Paul
Tekmate

Re: Repairshopr Integration Not working for me.

Postby Nick » Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:20 pm

No I haven't been in touch with them. I changed the "d7 Reports" subject line because that is what one person said fixed a problem for them with d7x and RepairShopr. I think that was getting the reports to automatically attach to a ticket. To be honest I don't even know to what extent they have integrated it with the reports beyond that.
Author of d7x and other PC technician's tools. http://www.d7xTech.com

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Tekmate » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:59 am

Thanks Nick, we have it working now.

For others :-

Ensure you have [D7II Reports] and [#%num%] in the subject line.
This was the main issue as we had known fully well to have D7II but we were amending [#%num%] to [TICKET:%num%] which is repairshopr's attachment process - this was causing it to fail.

Our flow is to have the diagnostics/assessment stage done then manually email for the computer report.
At session end we then email with [TICKET:%num%] to capture the work completed from D7x

Nick when testing we discovered the following :-
- D7x for the last few updates (including optional) fails to update when manually checking from the D7x updates).
- D7x doesn't seem to be updating automatically to our latest configuration, despite it being set to in the configuration page (on new session start).
- D7x in manual email under reports - we cannot amend the default report. We have tried saving it with a name Default or another name assessment but we still have to click the down arrow and re-click on either default or assessment template for it to apply). Where can I change that ?
- D7x Is there a way to have a D7x app that emails the template automatically - ideally we would like this at the end of a diagnostic routine so we capture the machine info in a report. (Without having to go to reports -> manage/send reports -> Email Reports -> Insert Template -> Send.

Otherwise we feel its pretty slick now and thank you for your continued development.
Tekmate

Postby Nick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:09 am

Thanks for the update, and the other issues and suggestion, I'll get a look at that soon. for the first issue, are you then having to update d7x by manually downloading the latest package?

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:45 pm

I can't reproduce either of the first two issues you have there. I think these issues would need their own thread and some troubleshooting in your setup to figure out what is going on there.

For the third item, unfortunately the manual email form doesn't load any template as default, it just has some default text in there, this is why you have to click and select the template to load even though it is already displaying in the drop down box. The reason it doesn't load a template is that there is no way to determine what is default so it leaves it to you for selection.

I am thinking of a way to implement automated emailing of reports before end session to resolve your last item, and that will take care of your having to use the email form with no way to configure it's default.

Would it be acceptable to just have a d7x function to email exactly how it is currently configured on the End Session tab? This would be easiest and make the most sense I think.

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Tekmate » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:48 am

Thanks as always Nick, apologies for my tardy replies.

* D7x updates, and config updates. I will retest today with a clean setup - it must be something I'm doing that's screwing it up then. Whats odd is we suspected the config and rebuilt that completely from scratch recently- will report back.
* Email template - no problems, if it was adjustable we could do that, but I've trained my techs not to trust that its on the assessment template despite its showing in the drop down box. - Just an extra thing for them to miss.
* Automated emailing, for us would need to be based on the template as we have an assessment stage to capture the Computer report early, and then the final session closed to capture the full work report. We need the computer report as sometimes we refer to it to make decisions based on cpu type, disk usage etc.

I appreciate your efforts for this - it is very much appreciated. I am a very happy with how its performing in the workshop.
Tekmate

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:36 pm

* ok
* ok

* automated emailing of reports:

I've already implemented a way (not yet released) to email End Session reports at any time, as they are configured on the End Session tab. I did this for you, but I after re-reading your post I don't know if it will work for your needs.

You will notice that already, UNLIKE the interface for email you are doing now, the interface on the End Session tab DOES save and LOAD the last template you used on it, just click the "Save Settings" button to save the default email config and template too for the End Session tab.

Now, I think this should solve your issue. End Session tab automatically loads your default template, and the automated function emails it wherever you choose to use the automated function.

What occurred to me after re-reading your post is that you might be using the checkbox to "Make Body: Info Report" or "Work Report" so that the body of the email is the report you are looking for. If you use this method, then you would need to change the button on End Session to "Info Report" when you start work and "Work Report" during End Session.

Is that what you are doing? Or do you care at all what is in the body of the email, so long as you have the attached reports?

Nick
Site Admin

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:32 am

I went ahead and released the addition I mentioned in my last post for v19.12.10.0, I was waiting on release to find out if that was going to work for you, but I had another feature to implement for another person today. if that doesn't work for you let me know and I can revisit the issue.

Nick
Site Admin

Return to d7x Support Forum