Gator Tech wrote:OK numb nuts here is having an issue similar to xide's. I could not get a Handy thumb drive to use NTFS so I used a USB hard-drive (350GB) in a McAlley enclosure I've had for some time to transfer files with. I pretty much followed Xite though.
Downloaded the 8pe builder with the link you provided.
- did not find a working iso in the download package so I used my own oem Windows 8 Home Premium 64bit iso image.
- leaving everything "as is" except where the OEM iso was, I created the PE iso using my oem windows 8.1 iso and your Win8.1SE 82_Builder
-- This was done on the root of C drive on a Windows 8.1 pro machine
--This created win8.1SE_x64
-- Rufus did not work on my USB drive ( It could nto find it), so I made sure to see all files in iso viewer and copied them directly to my hard drive.
- I then placed my whole d7ii folder in the programs dir on the build
- once I launched it, 8pe loaded just fine, everything looked good at first glance!
- I went to the programs directory, opened my d7ii folder and ran d7ii as admin (also system, and also regular double click) all with same results.
My actual experience
- It will load the splash screen with the ID like it normal does, but then nothing comes up after that.
-- FYI My working D7II on a Windows 7 Pro PC would always load to the system tray and I then click on the tray icon to restore to desktop and it pops up and works normally.
- D7II will then try and update then all goes dead. "Then there is absolutely nothing going on" like Xite says.
I can't find it in the running programs either. of note the SE load creates a number of drives, an X; boot drive with the working system in it and a Y drive with a play icon as its descriptor with the original files in it like D7II etc... from the build.
I even tried pasting the whole d7II file into the working programs file and root of the X drive to no avail. D7II goes through the splash routine but nothing comes of it later.
I Need this bad as I have several windows 8 pc's with garbage on them and nothing is workings they are notebooks with the new formatting.
Well good to know i'm not the only one...i was starting to feel like the black sheep. I have no idea what could be causing this, i've tried several things so far since my post on Aug. 1, with no luck yet....but I remain hopeful.
in regards to your other post about Nick compiling an iso, I think there are some legal issues when you combine the pe + windows iso, as in you can make it yourself but you have to download the iso and the pe builder separately. (kinda like ordering parts individually from the internet to build a full auto AK-47 if you put it all together)
I'm really not sure how others have been able to make theirs with no problems....maybe Nick can make a quick step-by-step video? I'm sure there must be some small minor detail we must be missing.